Director of FP&A
Ramp is building the next generation of finance tools—from corporate cards and expense management, to bill payments and accounting integrations—designed to save businesses time and money with every click. Over 12,000 customers cut their expenses by 3.5% per year and close their books 8x faster by switching to the Ramp platform.
Founded in 2019, Ramp powers the fastest-growing corporate card and bill payment software in America and enables billions of dollars of purchases each year. Ramp continues to grow quickly, more than doubling its revenue run rate in the first half of 2022.
Valued at $8.1 billion, Ramp's investors include Founders Fund, Stripe, Citi, Goldman Sachs, Coatue Management, D1 Capital Partners, Redpoint Ventures, General Catalyst, and Thrive Capital, as well as over 100 angel investors who were founders or executives of leading companies. The Ramp team comprises talented leaders from leading financial services and fintech companies—Stripe, Affirm, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Mastercard, Visa, Capital One—as well as technology companies such as Meta, Uber, Netflix, Twitter, Dropbox, and Instacart. Ramp was named Fast Company’s #1 Most Innovative Company in North America in 2023 and #5 on LinkedIn Top Startups 2022.
About the Role
We’re looking for a seasoned Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) leader to own Ramp’s planning, budgeting, and forecasting capabilities across our high-growth and complex business. This role will be responsible for overseeing the company’s growing FP&A function, ensuring we deeply understand our performance, building comprehensive reporting for internal and external stakeholders, and surfacing critical insights to inform intelligent capital allocation decisions across the business. You’ll have regular exposure to numerous cross-functional partners, Ramp’s leadership team, and our investor community. The ideal fit for this role can operate with extreme speed and agility, while simultaneously developing and implementing Fortune 500-level FP&A infrastructure inside a 4 year old startup.
What You’ll Do
- Own company-wide budget planning and support biannual company goaling cycles
- Lead monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reporting processes to deliver operational and financial insights on past performance and future expectations, including the preparation of internal and external reporting by business unit and customer segment
- Partner with business leaders across the organization to prioritize key focus areas for the company, communicate clear business objectives, and drive accountability
- Identify and drive initiatives to continuously improve, automate, and scale the company’s reporting and forecasting muscles
- Develop and manage important external relationships with investors, partners, and more
- Build a world-class FP&A function that positions the company for public market readiness
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in FP&A, with deep expertise in financial modeling and analysis, core accounting (e.g. NetSuite), and planning software (e.g. Oracle Hyperion, Adaptive, Anaplan)
- Off-the-charts attention to detail and comfort using analysis to create impactful strategic recommendations that change company direction
- Ability to lead large, complicated projects with extreme ownership, clarity, and pace
- Proven track record of developing close working relationships with key counterparts, due to exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Team player obsessed with getting better every day and expecting your teammates across the company to do the same, all while having fun with those around you
- Prior public company experience; accounting experience or education
- Experience building and managing a high-performing team of at least 3 direct reports
- Experience leading the implementation of financial planning software (e.g. Oracle Hyperion, Adaptive, Anaplan)
- Expertise with Looker, SQL, and/or Python
- The annual salary/OTE range for the target level for this role is $255,000-$300,000 + target equity + benefits (including medical, dental, vision, and 401(k)
Ramp Benefits (for U.S. based employees)
- 100% medical, dental & vision insurance coverage for you
- Partially covered for your dependents
- One Medical annual membership
- 401k (including employer match)
- Please note only 401k contributions made while employed by Ramp are eligible for an employer match
- Unlimited PTO
- Fertility HRA Up to $5,000 per year
- WFH stipend to support your home office needs
- Wellness stipend
- Parental Leave
- Relocation support
- Pet insurance
Something looks off?