Senior Solutions Engineer
At Quickplay we believe in transparency, fairness, and collaboration while we passionately work on some of the toughest use cases in OTT video, focused on massive scale and resilience. If you aspire to be part of a high-performing, learning-oriented, and caring culture--you have landed on the right company. Our Sales team is looking for a customer oriented, problem-solving, Senior Solutions Engineer focused on supporting the development of new business, growing the business within existing customers, and establishing and growing sales opportunities with strategic partners. This role will report into the Sales Leader for Asia Pacific and be based in India.
You're a good fit if you like distilling complex technical concepts into plain language, can understand and articulate customer requirements to technical teams, love getting your hands dirty, and love releasing products to the world. You continually desire to stay curious, speak up, focus on impact, and be supportive. These four specific core principles are critical to your success here at Quickplay, and we understand that when you succeed--Quickplay succeeds. You’re an integral member of the Solutions Engineering team and you’ll lean in to support your broader team. Must be willing to travel at least 25% of the time.
Core Responsibilities Include:
- Participate as an integral member of the Sales and Solutions Engineering team to articulate the value of the Quickplay platform, showcasing and demonstrating the platform’s capabilities
- Help qualify, assess, and drive to close complex deals in collaboration with the Sales Manager
- Establish a strong relationship with the customer and be recognized as a trusted technical advisor and subject matter expert
- Take ownership of RFx responses in collaboration with internal teams (Product, Infrastructure, and Operations) and external ecosystem partners. Compile technical compliances, proposals, reach out to other teams for assistance when necessary.
- Scope, size, cost and price of the sales proposal including margin analysis. Justify the ROI and TCO of the proposal to the customer
- Present and defend the technical proposal to both IT and business teams, including C-level executives
- Define, prepare and set-up POCs and demos and provide support
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Marketing and Commercial teams (Sales, Business Development and Customer Success) to align on messaging and go-to-market strategy
- Continuously liaise with Product and Engineering teams to take advantage of new features added to the platform.
General Sales support:
- Provide sales support to drive product understanding and adoption among customers and prospects
- Create and maintain the product's story.' How do we describe the value of our product to our various customer personas? How do each of its features map to a broader narrative and value proposition?
- Represent and analyze customer needs, the rapidly evolving ad landscape and competitive landscape to inform product decisions, positioning and go-to-market plans
- Actively own, drive and manage the technology evaluation stage of the sales process, and ensure updates are communicated clearly and action items documented with follow-up.
- Provide solution oriented thinking to solve complex technology problems and ensure customer satisfaction
- Partner development–
- Support the development of new sales channels through strategic partnerships:
- Establish senior level relationships with partner leads
- Mine the product, sales, marketing and press opportunities to elevate Quickplay with partner teams
- 6-10 years pre-sales, solution engineering or sales experience at a Telco, MVPD, broadcaster, Content Provider, or technology supplier to the video industry .
- Experience at selling SaaS, Cloud-based services, managed services or System Integration.
- Domain experience in selling end-to-end media solutions to telcos, cable customers, content owners and studios, or broadcast television networks is preferred.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Self-starter, ability to work with some ambiguity and comfort working cross functionally
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple projects simultaneously while prioritizing time and resources based on business impact
- High emotional intelligence, with ego-less collaboration
- Quick learner and ability to understand technology opportunities and challenges at a business level
- Experience interacting directly with customers and partners
- Experience drafting Statements of Work
- Excellent interpersonal, written, verbal and presentation communication skills
- Bachelor's degree required