Software Engineer, (Technical QA, SDET)
We are technologists at heart, who love what we do.
At Quickplay we believe in transparency, fairness, and collaboration while we passionately work on some of the toughest use cases in OTT video; and are enthusiastic about massive scale and agility. If you get excited about building the future of OTT video, and aspire to be part of a high-performing, learning-oriented, and caring culture--you have landed on the right company. Presently, our Video Engineering team is looking for a motivated Software Engineer (Technical QA) to contribute to their team efforts in Toronto, Ontario!
About the role--
Primarily Focused on:
- Code automated tests and deploy in containerized Devops environments.
- Plan, create and manage the overall Quality Planning strategy and collect quality data.
- Create test plans and Collaborate with the Product Development team to ensure consistent project execution.
- Identify quality assurance process bottleneck and suggest actions for improvement.
- Develop standards and procedures to determine product quality and release readiness.
- Test current products and identify deficiencies.
- Identify key KPIs for product quality.
- Prepare and present reports and metrics to Senior management.
- Document test cases.
- Perform and document risk analysis.
- Record test progress and results.
- Drive innovation and streamline overall testing processes.
- Perform manual and automated testing.
- Research and analyze product features being tested.
- Research new tools, technologies, and testing processes.
Experience & Technical Requirements:
- Available to work a flexible schedule.
- Prior experience in video transcoding services and video streaming platform testing.
- Ability to use testing automation tools e.g. Selenium.
- Ability to code in Java, Golang, Python scripts. Experience using functional. programming language required.
- Hands-on experience on docker and Kubernetes.
- Understanding of Micro-services and its architecture.
- Cloud Deployment knowledge along with Media (OTT) background experience required.
- Familiar with DevOps practices.
- Act as the technical liaison for product development activities.
- Experience with agile development methodologies and Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
Highly Favorable Skills:
- Creative thinking, in depth problem solving and unblocking are exhilarating to you.
- Your high emotional intelligence and low ego compliment your skilled active listening skills.
- Self-starter, ability to work with ambiguity, and comfort working cross-functionally.
- You continually desire to stay curious, speak up, focus on impact, and be supportive. These four specific core principles are critical to your success here at Quickplay, and we understand that when you succeed--Quickplay succeeds.
Nice to Have:
- Hands on experience on iOS and Android app network and debug log capture.