Infrastructure Engineer II (CICD) (Contract)
We are technologists at heart, who love what we do.
At Quickplay we believe in transparency, fairness, and collaboration while we passionately work on some of the toughest use cases in OTT video, and enthusiastic about massive scale and agility. If you get excited about building the future of OTT video and aspire to be part of a high-performing, learning-oriented, and caring culture--you have landed on the right company.
About the role--
Primarily focused on:
- Deploying product updates, identifying production issues and implementing integrations that meet our customers' needs.
- Designing and Building the CICD pipeline to lay down Kubernetes strategies for Quickplay Microservices.
- Develop continuous integration and delivery pipelines using tools like Jenkins X, Maven and extensively use Terraform to deploy infrastructure as code.
- Perform cloud migrations and cloud support using various tools like Terraform, Jenkins, Ansible, Packer etc.
- Participate, in designing and deploying all the infrastructure support tools and make them production ready towards their integration with Quickplay’s micro services.
- Interacting with the various stakeholders and gathering the requirements and Dockerizing applications.
- Setting up and managing Kubernetes cluster and Rancher for container orchestration
- Creating Helm charts for the various modules and deploying the applications.
- Creating Ansible playbooks and scripts for CI/CD implementation.
- Creating and managing CI/CD pipelines for legacy Single and Full module deployments.
- Actively participate in product story grooming sessions and interact with architects to understand the requirements.
- Develop well designed, testable, efficient code as per requirement.
- Ensure that all coding quality standards are met (unit test, GO security, log, etc.).
- Participate in agile sprint planning / daily stand-up sessions and provide updates.
- Provide ongoing maintenance, support and enhancements in existing systems and platforms.
- Foster and maintain good relationships with cross functional development teams to ensure all new features are fully understood by appropriate teams.
- **Quickplay staff reports into offices in a hybrid capacity (i.e partially at home, and partially at the office based on role/team needs) leveraging safety protocols aligned with local public health guidelines as they relate to COVID-19.
Experience & Technical Requirements
- Strong background in Linux and scripting (Shell script, Python etc)
- Experience in
- Azure or GCP cloud infrastructure (Must have 1 year of experience in any one cloud).
- GitOps methodology and agile (Good to have).
- Infrastructure as code (Terraform etc).
- Docker, Kubernetes (Must with 1 year of experience).
- CI/CD and other DevOps tools (Must have 1 year experience in Jenkins, basics of Jenkins-X).
- monitoring/APM tools (NewRelic, Prometheus, Grafana etc).
- basic network concepts, Servers & DNS.
- Logging (eg. EFK stack).
- Basic understanding of databases (SQL, NoSQL) like MySQL, Couchbase etc.
Highly Favorable Skills:
- Easy-going and flexible individual who can integrate and function within a pre-existing team.
- Self-starter can operate with moderate supervision.
- Strong written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- A creative thinker and problem solver, capable of multitasking.