Head of Data (x/f/m)
PowerUs is building the ultimate career platform for skilled blue-collar workers. Our platform helps workers find jobs they love and guide them in their professional journey - from apprenticeship until retirement. On the other hand, we help companies hire skilled workers faster so they can complete their projects, especially in the renewable energy sector such as solar and wind energy. Qualified workers are the most important missing link in the energy transition towards renewable energy.
With the help of our platform, users can enter these new and exciting industries and earn up to 50% more. We have just raised €24 million in our Series B financing round! Backed by our investors, such as Eurazeo, General Catalyst, Headline and HV Capital, as well as successful business angels such as Max Viessmann, the founders of Personio and Mario Götze, we can truly commit to our mission of a more sustainable future.
- Data Strategy and Leadership: Establish data governance practices, data quality standards, and data privacy guidelines to ensure compliance and accuracy in data-driven decision-making
- Team Development and Leadership: Provide mentorship, coaching, and professional development opportunities to enhance the skills and capabilities of the global data team
- Data Management and Infrastructure: Being responsible for the technical setup for the data architecture and data pipelines to support analytics and reporting needs
- Data Culture: Spreading the data-oriented mindset, learnings, and knowledge across the company
- Business Focus: Deep understanding of business and ability to analyze the needs to provide supporting data setup and knowledge
- Technical Expertise: Introducing new technologies, good practices, and new tools to level our game up
- Strong communication skills
- Being a team player
- Proactive and growth-oriented mindset and have the motivation to fuel our product development with data-driven insights
- Keen interest in hypothesis testing and designing product experiments
- 5+ years of experience in a data-driven role, ideally in a dynamic and fast-growing environment
- 3+ years of experience in managing a team
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in a quantitative field (e.g. Business Analytics, Data Science, Mathematics, Computer Science, Economics)
- Being proficient in SQL
- Experience working with data pipelines and data visualization tools
- Fluent in English
- Above average salary + the possibility of ESOP (Employee Stock Option Program)
- Flexible working model - fully remote possible within the EU
- 30 days of vacation
- 500€ personal development budget per year for books, courses, conferences etc.
- 50€/ month mobility flat rate for sharing services such as cars, scooters, but also public transport and other mobility providers
- Bright open office with the most impressive roof terrace with a view of the TV tower and Berliner Dom
- Urban Sports Membership
- The opportunity to join an early-stage, fast-growing startup funded by Tier-1 investors
- The possibility to make a significant impact on the company strategy from the beginning and direct collaboration with the founders
- Unlimited drinks and snacks
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented groups only apply for jobs when they meet 100% of the qualifications. PowerUs encourages anyone who is interested in a position to apply.
We look forward to receiving your application!
Sounds good, but not a good fit for you? Just forward our job ad to others who are interested and receive a referral bonus of 1000€ if your referral is successfully hired!