Head of Design (x/f/m)
PowerUs is building the digital home for skilled blue-collar worker. We help workers like electricians or heating engineers to create their online profiles, network with other workers in our community, take free training courses and find better jobs with higher salaries. On the other hand, we help companies hire skilled workers faster so they can complete their projects, especially in the renewable energy sector such as solar and wind power systems. Qualified workers are the most important missing link in the energy transition towards renewable energy.
With the help of our platform, users can enter these new and exciting industries and earn up to 50% more. Since our founding, we have been backed by tier-1 investors such as General Catalyst, Y Combinator and HV Capital as well as successful business angels such as Max Viessmann, the founders of Personio and Mario Götze. In total, we have $12 million of venture capital.
- You are responsible for building the design team
- You will work closely with the product and engineering team to ensure a user-centric and holistic view of the customer experience
- You are responsible for building or improving our design system
- You enjoy developing the user research & experience skills of our designers
- You can turn user problems into simple and functional solutions by validating ideas and solutions through usability testing and the analysis of user data and UX metrics
- You deliver measurable and impactful end-to-end design work
- You ensure excellent design quality and consistency across the entire product
- You work data-driven and develop the design strategy based on KPIs
- You have +5 years of professional experience in product design (ideally B2C) in a fast-paced startup environment
- You already have experience in building and leading a design team
- You have already been involved in a successful implementation of a design strategy in an organization
- You have experience working on customer-facing products
- You have a strong understanding of agile methodologies
- You can combine a logical analytical approach with a creative one
- You have strong prioritization, problem solving, and big picture skills
- You are fluent in English, German is the cherry on the top
- Above average salary + the possibility of ESOP (Employee Stock Option Program)
- Flexible working model
- 30 days of vacation
- 500€ personal development budget per year for books, courses, conferences etc.
- 50€/ month mobility flat rate for sharing services such as cars, scooters, but also public transport and other mobility providers
- Bright open office with the most impressive roof terrace with a view of the TV tower and Berliner Dom
- Urban Sports Membership
- The opportunity to join an early-stage, fast-growing startup funded by Tier-1 investors
- The possibility to make a significant impact on the company strategy from the beginning and direct collaboration with the founders
- Unlimited drinks and snacks
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented groups only apply for jobs when they meet 100% of the qualifications. PowerUs encourages anyone who is interested in a position to apply.
We look forward to receiving your application!
Sounds good, but not a good fit for you? Just forward our job ad to others who are interested and receive a referral bonus of 1000€ if your referral is successfully hired!
Something looks off?