Executive Assistant (Hybrid | Denver, CO)
Denver, CO, USA
Posted on Thursday, May 25, 2023
At Plume, we’re on a mission to radically transform healthcare access for the transgender and gender-nonconforming communities. As a trans-founded company, we're proud to be building a virtual care home that makes a difference in countless lives. Are you ready to be part of our growing team in the healthtech industry?
Available to over 1 million transgender individuals across 45 states, we're growing fast and need passionate, talented individuals like you to join our journey and help us to increase access to life-saving Gender Affirming Hormone Therapy and improve the lives of trans folks. If you have a heart-forward approach and resonate with our values, we'd love to hear from you!
Our Core Values:
🌈 We Are Authentic: We opt for honest and direct conversations. We strive to be vulnerable and connect authentically.
🌈 We Are Accountable: We follow up and commit to each other within the community and to ourselves.
🌈 We Are Growth-Oriented: We take the initiative, we’re proactive learners, and we tackle new challenges.
🌈 We Are Inclusive: We’re considerate of working across diverse experiences. Every voice is valuable in serving our vision. We have an unusual bias for seeking input.
🌈 We Are Collaborative: We put “we” before I, we stay engaged and communicative when we disagree, and we can commit even if we’re not in complete agreement.
🌈 We Are Trans-Informed: We ask “why?” and distrust the status quo. We honor awkwardness & experimentation over polish and how things have always been done.
If our mission and values speak to you, you're an experienced Executive Assistant or Administrative Assistant, and you have a deep understanding of the trans experience, we can't wait to meet you!
About the Role:
Plume is hiring an Executive Assistant to our Co-Founder and Chief Medical Officer. You will report directly to our CMO and work closely with other highly regarded internal and external stakeholders. Our next EA has demonstrated 4+ years of excellence in closely supporting C-Suite executives within a startup environment, and the ability to co-work 2-3 times per week with our CMO in Denver, maintaining a hybrid schedule. You will utilize your excellent written and verbal communication skills when working cross-functionally with other EAs, Executives, VPs, and other internal stakeholders, and you will correspond professionally with high-level government officials, news entities, and more. You will prioritize competing and often challenging workstreams in a fast-paced startup environment, develop reports and slide decks, ensure a high level of discretion, and act as a force multiplier to our CMO.
- Co-work in Denver 2-3 times per week with our CMO, ensuring efficient communication, immediate responses to requests, facilitation of meetings, travel plans, etc.
- Develop, collect, and prepare information used for reports, slide decks, and other documents for the CMO
- Create, nurture, and utilize networks of people to gather the information and resources you require to complete a task
- Ensure efficient management and proactive oversight of the CMO's calendars, inboxes, and communications, encompassing both internal and external meetings, regular 1:1s, and a variety of engagements and communications involving internal and external stakeholders, often anticipating communications and proactively engaging with or responding to urgent inquiries from internal/external stakeholders on the founder's behalf
- Anticipate communications and proactively engages with peers, founders, and others
- Handle logistics for complex meetings and events such as board meetings, executive off-sites, and ongoing strategy sessions to ensure smooth operations and adherence to schedules; effectively manage attendee communications, venue management & coordination, travel coordination (flights/lodging), slide deck preparation, audio/video set-up & management as needed, catering, program material preparation, etc.
- Work with the licensing/credentialing team to ensure all licenses of the CMO are up to date and renewed in a timely fashion
- Thoughtfully balance competing demands while maximizing focus time for the CMO, using good judgment and critical thinking to offer solutions to complex scheduling and meeting-planning needs
- Attend internal/external meetings in partnership with the CMO to take notes, drive the agenda, and track key updates
- Process and track expenses in a timely manner
- Operate with exceptional attention to detail. Anticipate potential changes or shifts in priorities amidst simultaneous demands for attention
- Track and drive completion of key deliverables, proactively following up on outstanding items as needed
- Handle highly confidential information and documents with discretion and confidentiality, exhibiting a high degree of integrity
- Demonstrate an adaptive and flexible work style across varied types of senior-level leaders and front-line team members who are geographically dispersed
- Due to the nature of startups, this role is expected to be dynamic and may evolve to encompass additional duties and ad hoc projects as needed
- 4+ years of experience supporting high-level C-suite executives or company founders, with meticulous attention to detail, experience performing and priotizaing administrative tasks such as managing inboxes and calendars, preparing reports and slide decks, and taking detailed notes in meetings
- You are a strong team player who thrives in a collaborative, cross-functional setting and has demonstrated success working well with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Take the initiative independently and proactively, implementing processes to manage projects, information, and people
- Located in Denver, CO, you will co-work with our CMO in person 2-3 days per week
- Proactive, positive and personable with excellent communication skills and an upbeat, “can do” attitude
- Confidently takes the initiative and graciously accepts feedback; exhibits resilience with the ability to manage multiple projects and deliver quality work on tight deadlines
- You exhibit discretion, diplomacy, and excellent judgment, as well as a high degree of integrity when dealing with confidential and sensitive information
- Advanced proficiency with Google Suite and Zoom
- Experience with frequent international and domestic travel itineraries
- Accomplishes work in a culturally sustainable and competent way, demonstrating deep compassion and respect for the trans and non-binary experience
- You are skilled in planning and coordinating logistics for both small and large-scale meetings and events
- Your professional experience is rooted in healthcare, with a particular focus on digital health or telehealth startups, or you may have honed your skills in other startup environments
- Familiarity with working alongside licensing/credentialing teams and being comfortable with managing professional credentials is a plus!
- Proficiency in using Slack and Asana are advantageous in this role
Compensation & Perks:
- Competitive Annual Salary DOE
- Ground-Floor Equity
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k)
- Free Plume and Mental Health Subscriptions
Plume is an equal-opportunity employer. Trans and gender-nonconforming individuals are strongly encouraged to apply, particularly those who identify as people of color. We positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of age, color, disability, national origin, ancestry, race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law. We will provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities upon request. Please let us know if you require any accommodations to apply or interview for this position.
Discover more about Plume at www.getplume.co and become part of our award-winning journey towards transforming healthcare for every trans life. Join us today in shaping the future of healthtech and LGBTQ+ care!
See more open positions at Plume
Something looks off?