Shoreditch, London, UK
Posted on Thursday, December 21, 2023
PhysicsX is a deep-tech company of scientists and engineers, developing machine learning applications to massively accelerate physics simulations and enable a new frontier of optimization opportunities in design and engineering.
Born out of numerical physics and proven in Formula One, we help our customers radically improve their concepts and designs, transform their engineering processes and drive operational product performance. We do this in some of the most advanced and important industries of our time – including Space, Aerospace, Medical Devices, Additive Manufacturing, Electric Vehicles, Motorsport, and Renewables. Our work creates positive impact for society, be it by improving the design of artificial hearts, reducing CO2 emissions from aircraft and road vehicles, and increasing the performance of wind turbines.
We are a rapidly growing company but prefer to fly under the radar to protect our customers’ confidentiality. We are about to take the next leap in building out our technology platform and product offering. In this context, we are looking for a capable and enthusiastic software engineer to join our team. If all of this sounds exciting to you, we would love to talk (even if you don't tick all the boxes).
Note: We are currently recruiting for multiple positions, however please only apply for the role that best aligns with your skillset and career goals.
What you will do
- Help shape some of our key product engineering areas – software development standards, frameworks, testing and release process
- Work closely with our simulation engineers, data scientists and customers to develop an understanding of the physics and engineering challenges we are solving
- Design and develop products that solve complex problems in applying machine learning to design and engineering
- Write high-quality code that allows us to create scalable and reliable backend systems
- Develop user-facing web applications with rich interactive features in support of applications at the cutting edge of scientific visualization, CAE and CFD
- Keep up-to-date with emerging trends and technologies in software development
What you bring to the table
- Enthusiasm about building software for science and engineering
- Degree in computer science, software engineering or equivalent
- 1-3 years of experience in a product engineering role shipping features to users
- Good understanding of data structures, algorithms, and software design patterns
- Prior experience in developing backend systems for machine learning platforms or data-intensive applications is a plus
- Prior experience with cloud is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to learn and work independently and make decisions with minimal direction
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills - with teams and users
What we offer
- Be part of something larger: Make an impact and meaningfully shape an early-stage company. Work on some of the most exciting and important topics there are. Do something you can be proud of
- Work with a fun group of colleagues that support you, challenge you and help you grow. We come from many different backgrounds, but what we have in common is the desire to operate at the very top of our fields and solve truly challenging problems in science and engineering. If you are similarly capable, caring and driven, you'll find yourself at home here
- Experience a truly flat hierarchy. Voicing your ideas is not only welcome but encouraged, especially when they challenge the status quo
- Work sustainably, striking the right balance between work and personal life.
- Receive a competitive compensation and equity package, in addition to plenty of perks such as generous vacation and parental leave, complimentary office food, as well as fun outings and events
- Work in a flexible setting, at our lovely London Shoreditch office, and a good proportion from home if so desired. Get the opportunity to occasionally visit our customers' engineering sites and experience first-hand how our work is transforming their ways of working
- Use first-class equipment for working in-office or remotely, including HPC
We value diversity and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, religion, ethnicity, nationality, disability, age, sexual orientation or gender identity. We strongly encourage individuals from groups traditionally underrepresented in tech to apply. To help make a change, we sponsor bright women from disadvantaged backgrounds through their university degrees in science and mathematics.