Technical Support Specialist
PhotoShelter is a NYC-based pioneer in supporting and empowering visual storytellers.
Across our platform of SaaS products, we manage over 750 million visual assets for 80,000 professional photographers and over 1200 large brands, including universities, pro sports teams, corporate and consumer brands, and leading nonprofits. In January 2015, we launched our enterprise B2B solution, PhotoShelter for Brands, sparking a new high growth stage for the company. Today we’re delivering innovative tech and user experiences across search, collaboration, content display, secure access and distribution, workflow automation, and artificial intelligence/machine learning (AI/ML). We were built by and for creative people, and we’re committed to celebrating and supporting creative work.
These are exciting times for the PhotoShelter family, and we want you to be a part of them!
PhotoShelter is looking for an empathetic and motivated Technical Support Specialist to assist us with a customer base of photographers around the world. Over 80,000 photographers worldwide use PhotoShelter to power their success online, with customizable website templates, searchable photo galleries, e-commerce capabilities, and bulletproof image storage.
You'll impact PhotoShelter by solving our customers' basic & strategic challenges. Here's how...you will:
- Deeply understand our B2C product, how it works, and the multitude of ways our clients (professional photographers, graphic designers, & other artists) use the system.
- Provide general support via phone and e-mail to our client base.
- Work with help desk and project tracking software (Zendesk, JIRA) to analyze and troubleshoot inbound customer issues.
- Escalate and follow all problems to resolution, executing timely agreed upon feedback to clients.
- Analyze and evaluate user problems and comments to inform future product improvements back to our product & engineering teams.
- Take on and manage specific projects as delegated by team lead and manager.
- Defuse tense situations with a level head and a smile that your dentist would be proud of!
To achieve success we'll feel you will need:
- Excellent communication, writing, and problem-solving skills.
- A pleasant & professional phone voice & demeanor.
- To be highly organized and detail oriented, but able to move fast.
- To have strong customer service instincts and telephone skills.
- To listen, exhibit patience, and eloquently communicate difficult answers.
- To work in a fast-paced, dynamic, small company environment.
- Internet savvy and an interest in digital photo technologies, software, and workflows.
Nice, but not required:
- Experience with and PASSION for Photography.
- Familiarity with Zendesk and JIRA.
- A working knowledge of HTML.
- Experience with and a knack for helping frustrated customers.
- A history or experience with PhotoShelter? Awesome!
This role can be located in: New York City (HQ - Hybrid); Tristate area (Hybrid); Alabama (Remote); California (Remote); Colorado (Remote); Florida (Remote); Illinois (Remote); Maryland (Remote); Massachusetts (Remote); Michigan (Remote); Montana (Remote); North Carolina (Remote); Oregon (Remote); Pennsylvania (Remote); Rhode Island (Remote); South Carolina (Remote); Texas (Remote); Virginia (Remote); Washington State (Remote)
**Candidates must either work or be willing to work US Eastern Time Zone or Central Time Zone working hours.**
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion:
The team at PhotoShelter has a set of foundational values – among them are “we operate with heart” and “our integrity drives everything.” As these values guide our company, PhotoShelter is committed to maintaining a welcoming and respectful workplace that celebrates each employee’s unique identity. We recognize that diverse viewpoints and experiences are essential to the success of our team. Alongside our commitment to photographers and creative teams, we in turn ensure that team members from all backgrounds are supported to grow creatively and professionally in their careers at PhotoShelter. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and are committed to providing all employees with a work environment that celebrates individuality and remains free from any form of discrimination and harassment. It’s not about our bottom line, it’s about the core values that drive us forward. Our management team and hiring managers are mindful of the needs of our unique community, ensuring that our workplace is inclusive, welcoming and safe for all.
- An energized culture and environment: Internet Week called us one of the Best Places to Work in NYC Tech, with special recognition for our employee happiness scores.
- Daily visual inspiration through exposure to amazing photographers, videographers and storytellers who use our tools.
- Benefits. We offer the usual good stuff. Competitive salary, 401(k) with company match, insurance coverage (health, dental and vision, life) starting day one, generous PTO, gym reimbursement and commuter benefits.
- The compensation range for this role is $55k-$60k (based on location and experience), plus variable pay incentive.