Front End Engineer
- Experience writing single page apps.
- Deep knowledge of cross browser compatibility, including mobile browsers (e.g. iOS).
- Ability to gather requirements and design, code and test independently.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently as part of a diverse, distributed team.
- Detail oriented with excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- At least 3 years experience developing advanced web applications in a scalable production environment.
- BS in engineering or computer science is highly desirable.
- All candidates will be given a programming test to assess skill level.
- Strong understanding of programming concepts such as OOP, memory management, data types, control flow, and abstraction.
- Experience with server-side rendering tools (NextJS or Gatsby).
- Familiarity with Webpack and NPM.
- Experience with React Query, React Native, and Material UI.
- Familiarity with modern web accessibility standards.
- Love of photography is a plus.
This role can be located in: New York City (HQ - Hybrid); Tristate area (Hybrid); Alabama (Remote); California (Remote); Florida (Remote); Illinois (Remote); Michigan (Remote); Montana (Remote); North Carolina (Remote); Oregon (Remote); Pennsylvania (Remote); Rhode Island (Remote); Texas (Remote); Virginia (Remote); Washington State (Remote)
**Candidates must either work on the East Coast of the US or be willing to work East Coast hours.**
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion:
The team at PhotoShelter has a set of foundational values – among them are “we operate with heart” and “our integrity drives everything.” As these values guide our company, PhotoShelter is committed to maintaining a welcoming and respectful workplace that celebrates each employee’s unique identity. We recognize that diverse viewpoints and experiences are essential to the success of our team. Alongside our commitment to photographers and creative teams, we in turn ensure that team members from all backgrounds are supported to grow creatively and professionally in their careers at PhotoShelter. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and are committed to providing all employees with a work environment that celebrates individuality and remains free from any form of discrimination and harassment. It’s not about our bottom line, it’s about the core values that drive us forward. Our management team and hiring managers are mindful of the needs of our unique community, ensuring that our workplace is inclusive, welcoming and safe for all.
- An inspired environment. Inc. Magazine named PhotoShelter one of the fastest growing companies in the US and we’ve been awarded one of the Best Places To Work in NYC by InternetWeek with special recognition for our employee happiness scores.
- Visual Media industry expertise through exposure to amazing photographers and videographers and new trends in the industry.
- Benefits. We offer the usual good stuff. Competitive annual salary, variable pay incentives, 401(k) with company match, insurance coverage (medical, dental and vision, life), generous PTO, and commuter benefits.
- Compensation range for this role is $100k - $120k annual salary, plus bonus incentive.