Sales and Partnerships Manager, Digital Diagnostics
Who We Are
PathAI is on a mission to improve patient outcomes with AI-powered pathology. We are transforming traditional pathology methods into powerful, new technologies. These innovations in pathology can help accelerate drug development, improve confidence in the accuracy of diagnosis, and get life-saving therapies to patients more quickly. At PathAI, you'll work with a diverse and talented team of people, who are dedicated to solving complex problems and making a huge impact.
Over the past five years, PathAI has developed many pathology algorithms (across various IO biomarkers and indications in Oncology, Hepatology, and Inflammatory Bowel Disease) that aim to tackle major challenges in precision medicine. While most of these algorithms were developed in the context of accelerating drug development, PathAI has observed a growing global demand and interest from AP laboratories to deploy these algorithms for use within their laboratories. To meet the growing demand from laboratories around the world, PathAI is building out a new commercial organization aimed at bringing our algorithms closer to pathologists.
Where You Fit
The Sales and Partnerships Manager, Digital Diagnostics will be accountable for selling PathAI’s AISight digital pathology viewing platform and menu of algorithms to clinical diagnostic laboratories in prioritized geographies (including the US and EU5). As a sales leader in the commercial function, this individual will work cross-functionally to drive the end-to-end sales cycle including customer segmentation and target identification, lead generation, contract negotiations, security and technical approvals, deal execution, and initial software and algorithm implementation. This role will work closely with the Commercial Leader - Digital Diagnostics as well as a cross-functional team of leaders across Product, Legal/Regulatory, Marketing, and Strategic Partnerships to ensure sales targets are achieved and exceeded.
What You’ll Do
- Generate leads and follow up on leads that come from other team members by attending conferences, events, workshops in partnership with senior leadership
- Introduce our digital diagnostic products to customers and elaborate the product differentiation pitch to customers in collaboration with marketing
- Structure and execute deals and manage the end to end process including initial outreach, pitch/demo, technical discussions, security approvals, contracting, negotiations, and implementation (including ensuring compliance with appropriate regulatory guidelines)
- Seamlessly handoff relationship and account management to the respective account manager
- Collaborate with the full commercial team to build and refine diagnostic products launch plans
- Proactively identify sales pipeline risks, develop mitigation plans, and adjust forecasts accordingly
- Proactively identify opportunities for strategic partnerships with labs beyond sales (e.g., evidence generation partnerships, network effect of digital diagnostic deployment)
- Support overall commercial strategy for a channel and/or geography-specific sales strategy by conducting segmentation analyses of anatomic pathology laboratories and key accounts based on company priorities
- Serve as the voice of the customer across challenges and opportunities to a broad cross-functional team of leaders across Algorithm Product, Platform Product, Medical, Legal/Regulatory, Strategic Partnerships, and Marketing.
What You Bring
- 2-3 years of experience in management consulting, business development, and/or strategic partnerships, including at least 2-4 years experience in an operational, commercial, or sales role at a healthtech start-up or diagnostics company
- Familiarity with software sales, healthtech product, artificial intelligence, anatomic pathology, and/or molecular diagnostics (preferred)
- Experience presenting and/or selling to senior and enterprise-level executives in a healthcare or clinical diagnostic setting (preferred)
- Strong interest in shaping the future of artificial intelligence powered clinical diagnostics
- Ability to work in a cross-functional team, specifically willingness to collaborate with marketing, commercial, product development, and legal/regulatory teams
- Comfort working in a scrappy, all-hands-on-deck environment; willingness to learn, admit failures, and pivot quickly; embodies a mindset of urgency
- Hands-on, experienced, proactive, independent, articulate, and can get in the weeds but also think at the thirty-thousand foot level
- Willingness to travel up to 50% of the time
We Want to Hear From You
At PathAI, we are looking for individuals who are team players, are willing to do the work no matter how big or small it may be, and who are passionate about everything they do. If this sounds like you, even if you may not match the job description to a tee, we encourage you to apply. You could be exactly what we're looking for.
PathAI is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace that is free of harassment and discrimination. We base our employment decisions on business needs, job requirements, and qualifications — that's all. We do not discriminate based on race, gender, religion, health, personal beliefs, age, family or parental status, or any other status. We don't tolerate any kind of discrimination or bias, and we are looking for teammates who feel the same way.