Strategic Finance Analyst - New Grad
Who We Are
PathAI's mission is to improve patient outcomes through AI-powered pathology. Our platform leverages cutting edge approaches in machine and deep learning which promise substantial improvements over manual pathology to revolutionize cancer and rare disease diagnosis and support pharma companies across the breadth of the drug development lifecycle. Our team is diverse, collaborative and mission-driven, with rigorous analysis and creative problem-solving at the core of everything we do. PathAI has raised $350M+ from leading venture investors like General Catalyst, General Atlantic, D1 Capital Partners and Tiger Global, and leading healthcare companies like Kaiser Permanente, Merck and Bristol Myers Squibb. Recently, PathAI has also been named a leading innovator at the forefront of AI and healthcare by publications like Forbes, Deloitte, Fierce Biotech, and Bessemer Venture Partners among countless others– all testaments to the magnitude of what our team aims to achieve together.
What You’ll Do
The Strategic Finance Analyst will support the Finance & Accounting team in all Financial Planning & Analysis work, while also serving as the go-to analytical partner for cross-functional business leaders. This role will be a key business partner for the most critical teams across PathAI’s technical and commercial organizations, and will be afforded invaluable opportunities to learn from and collaborate with executive-level stakeholders. Activities will include the following: developing robust analyses and analytical frameworks to drive actionable insights, implementation of high priority initiatives, developing financial models, presenting to internal and external audiences, supporting corporate finance work streams like forecasting, budgeting, scenario analysis, and business case development. The Strategic Finance Analyst will also support Corporate Development activities including regular board updates, investor reporting, fundraising and the evaluation/execution of potential acquisitions. Above all, we expect the Analyst to approach all new tasks with a fiercely positive mindset and boundless hunger to learn. Applicants are expected to conclude this analyst program with an advanced and robust knowledge of financial modeling and diverse set of management and professional skills that will be highly applicable to a wide range of future career opportunities in Strategic Finance, Corporate Development, Private Equity, and Venture Capital. For the right candidate who excels in this role, there is also an opportunity to take on increasing responsibility with promotion and continued growth within the organization.
What You Bring
- Bachelor’s degree with concentration in Economics, Corporate Finance or Accounting. Will consider other majors if demonstrated proficiency in the above
- Targeting Undergraduates with December 2023 or Spring 2024 graduation
- Prior internship or strong demonstrated interest in Investment Banking, Private Equity and Venture Capital, but would like to blend top-tier analyst program training with robust business experience inside high-growth leading AI company
- Emphasis on drive, intellectual curiosity, work ethic, enthusiasm and desire to advance technical finance skill set on the job
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills, advanced communicator, strong sense of responsibility and interest in pursuing creative solutions to complex problems
- Demonstrated examples of leadership, aptitude for learning and a bias for action
- Excited by opportunity to join mission driven organization fighting every day to improve patient outcomes with cutting edge AI-powered tools and technologies for cancer and rare disease diagnosis
- Baseline experience with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint. Familiarity with SQL, Python, computer programming languages and data visualization tools like Tableau
We Want To Hear From You
At PathAI, we are looking for individuals who are team players, are willing to do the work no matter how big or small it may be, and who are passionate about everything they do. If this sounds like you, even if you may not match the job description to a tee, we encourage you to apply. You could be exactly what we're looking for.
PathAI is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace that is free of harassment and discrimination. We base our employment decisions on business needs, job requirements, and qualifications — that's all. We do not discriminate based on race, gender, religion, health, personal beliefs, age, family or parental status, or any other status. We don't tolerate any kind of discrimination or bias, and we are looking for teammates who feel the same way.