Bilingual Patient Support Advocate
Who We Are
PathAI is on a mission to improve patient outcomes with AI-powered pathology. We are transforming traditional pathology methods into powerful, new technologies. These innovations in pathology can help accelerate drug development, improve confidence in the accuracy of diagnosis, and get life-saving therapies to patients more quickly. At PathAI, you'll work with a diverse and talented team of people, who are dedicated to solving complex problems and making a huge impact.
Where You Fit
We are searching for a highly motivated Bilingual Patient Support Advocate who will perform daily activities of support to our patients via multiple communication channels. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, organized, a team player and is excited about being a part of a fast-paced and rapidly growing company shaping the category of AI-powered pathology.
What You’ll Do
Support client requests regarding laboratory billing both for their patients and B2B invoicing, through multiple channels (phone, email, website)
- Answer and actively listen to all calls related to healthcare billing from patients, clients and insurance carriers.
- Thoroughly document phone calls/correspondence received to PathAI RCM department related to patient accounts.
- Collect and input patient insurance carrier information into system, and file claims both electronically and manually.
- Resolve patient account balances by facilitating payment in full or setting up a payment plan within PathAI guidelines by credit card processing system and/or mail.
- Meet daily departmental production, quality and attendance goals.
- Process patient calls in an efficient and effective manner by mastering departmental policies and best practices.
- Be professional and courteous both over the phone and in writing.
- Manage patient requests received via multiple electronic communication channels such as the PathAI website, email and chat.
- Must be familiar with the RCM claim processes in all departments in order to effectively resolve a patient’s request which includes but is not limited to:
- Intake (insuring patient visit was entered correctly into system)
- Billing (insuring patient visit was billed correctly)
- Rejections (insuring patient insurance carrier processed claim appropriately)
- Payment Posting (insuring that all payments were posted appropriately)
- Refunds (facilitate refund requests to both patients and to insurance carriers)
- Perform all job responsibilities in alignment with the industry’s best security practices and regulatory guidelines to protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of protected health information and other sensitive company data.
- Must be familiar with and abide by the Corporate Compliance Program and all corporate policies, including the Privacy and Security policies.
- Work with other departments within PathAI and subsidiaries.
- Nothing in the job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- Other duties as assigned.
What You Bring
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Written and verbal fluency in both Spanish and English
- Must have 1+ years of call center and / or healthcare collections experience.
- 1+ years of experience working in a high-volume call center environment preferred.
- Previous medical office experience preferred.
- Good verbal and written communication skills required.
- Must have a stable, nonpublic internet connection with sufficient bandwidth to fulfill daily duties and participate in video meetings.
We Want To Hear From You
At PathAI, we are looking for individuals who are team players, are willing to do the work no matter how big or small it may be, and who are passionate about everything they do. If this sounds like you, even if you may not match the job description to a tee, we encourage you to apply. You could be exactly what we're looking for.
PathAI is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace that is free of harassment and discrimination. We base our employment decisions on business needs, job requirements, and qualifications — that's all. We do not discriminate based on race, gender, religion, health, personal beliefs, age, family or parental status, or any other status. We don't tolerate any kind of discrimination or bias, and we are looking for teammates who feel the same way.