Night Operations Manager
We're looking for an amazing Night Operations Manager to join our team and be the person to establish and scale our night operations. Your role will be varied, with room to grow as the company grows alongside you.
You will be managing a team of Hub (also known as depot or warehouse!) operatives across 5 nights of the week, managing and guiding them to ensure a smooth operation from unloading through to picking and pre-loading for a smooth day of deliveries the next day.
Together with the wider operations team, you will be responsible for supporting and scaling our Hub operations into the night, and taking on challenging operational problems that are critical to our success.
We're looking for someone that has experience in the space, is smart and capable and who’s excited about diving in, learning as we grow, and building something entirely new.
At Packfleet, we’re on a mission to empower independent businesses across the UK to offer the best deliveries on Earth, saving them time, money and stress, and making their customers the happiest they can be.
We’re growing rapidly and pride ourselves on being better than the large couriers, with a genuine care for our customers and their parcels plus the people we hire that can make it all happen.
What you will be doing day to day:
- Ensuring the smooth arrival and flow of vehicles through the Hub (whether trunking and collection vehicles, or delivery vans for loading)
- Working with the Hub team to make sure all packs are accounted for and stowed and picked efficiently
- Being the first point of contact for our Hub operatives and helping ensure they're supported and performing well
- Caring for the Hub space and making sure it's a safe, tidy and comfortable environment for everyone
- Managing & reporting any incidents that occur and helping us improve how we work to reduce the risk of it repeating
- Taking on challenging operational problems that are critical to our success
- Getting the opportunity to input into other areas of the business that interest you, whether that's sales, refining the product, or anything else
This role is based at our office/depot in Bermondsey, London. You’ll be working on-site across 5 nights of the week to support our operations team in its wider 24/7 operation.
💌 How to apply
💛 Our commitment to diversity
We care deeply about creating a diverse team so we particularly encourage applications from people from different underrepresented demographics and encourage you, regardless of your background and past experience, to apply if the role excites you.If we want to solve problems for people across the UK (and one day around the world), our team has to represent those we’re solving them for. So we need to attract the best talent and create an environment that supports and includes them.
You should apply if:
- You’re excited about what we’re doing! We’re a tech company working in a very traditional industry and that gives us a huge opportunity to build something truly different.
- You can point to experience working in an operational environment where you've had to manage or support a team, consider performance (e.g. KPIs/metrics), and costs.
- You’re comfortable getting hands-on, and dealing with ambiguity, problems & change, in an early stage startup environment.
- You’re an excellent communicator, both written (e.g. over Slack) and verbal, that can help resolve issues and support others using our tone-of-voice.
- You're driven, to do better, and improve the things you see around you wherever you go.
- You have a valid driving license and even better, but not required, a forklift licence.
- You care about the team and culture we are building, and understand the importance of giving feedback and supporting others around you.
What you’ll get:
- A competitive internally-transparent salary and stock options in Packfleet, with the choice to trade-off salary for additional stock options on signing. The range for this role, based on salary trade-off, is £35,000 - £45,000 alongside meaningful equity and a premium for night working.
- Experience at an early stage startup, with a team that’s taken companies from zero-to-one before.
- A close knit working environment where everybody is working in the same direction, with regular monthly socials.
- A company & culture that cares about the people within it, with benefits like health insurance, mental health days-off, a learning budget, internally-transparent salaries and 35 days holiday (inc. bank holidays) with top-ups & unpaid holiday if you need more.
- Our Community Day is on the last Monday of every month: this is a day to spend doing something you enjoy with others in Packfleet HQ. This can be anything from an escape room, crazy golf, climbing, or wine tasting!
- A budget to spend at our merchants every month, as well as free deliveries through Packfleet, so you can support independent businesses and also get the Packfleet experience first hand.
- The equipment you need to work to your best.