Sr. Data Engineer, Data & Analytics Team
Overjet is on a mission to improve oral health for all.
Our cutting-edge artificial intelligence technology encodes dentist-level training and analysis into scalable software tools. Today, our flagship products are used by some of the country’s largest insurance companies, dental support organizations, and dental practices to enable the best patient care.
We’re building an ambitious team of data scientists, software engineers, clinicians, and business thinkers and doers.
Overjet is backed by an amazing consortium of Venture Capital including General Catalyst, Insight Partners, Crosslink Capital and the E14 Fund. The company has raised nearly $80 million in capital to accelerate talent acquisition and product development driven by strong demand for Overjet’s dental AI.
Overjet is hiring a Senior Data Engineer to design, develop, and implement data solutions that help ensure we have world class data capabilities. You’ll work closely with a team of data scientists, analysts, and product managers to tap the full potential of Overjet’s data assets and AI insights to improve oral health. You’ll work with novel healthcare data generated by our state-of-the-art, proprietary deep learning models to help improve patient outcomes, support provider diagnoses, and boost operating efficiency in reimbursements.
The ideal candidate has strong technical data skills, a highly collaborative style, and pride in building high quality systems and documentation.
Responsibilities (ideally 5-7)
- Data ingestion: Manage ingestion into the data lake from all sources, including native customer systems, company products, enterprise applications. Propose an architectural approach that culminates in near-real-time ingestion, properly staged data protection, with daily or possibly hourly time series to enable analytics-ready datasets
- Optimization: Ensure optimal performance, reliability, and efficiency of the data pipelines
- Data flow: Achieve seamless quality enterprise analytics-focused data flow with fast and flexible expansion, allowing new data sources to be easily integrated into the enterprise analytics systems, with high degree of quality
- Transformation: Improve data transformation processes and data models to simplify and speed up analytics and data consumption by visualization tools and ad hoc analysts and data scientists in the processes of data discovery and analytics
- Enablement: Promote and drive a self-service data culture by working closely with Data Scientists and Analysts on analytic tool and dashboard development
- Data literacy: Lead an approach to data stewardship that promotes data literacy, including development and oversight of taxonomy/categorization of information, business glossary, data dictionary, and knowledge sharing. Work closely with experts on data, including Product Managers, Engineers, enterprise tools vendors
- Quality: Define data quality framework that provides feedback to data sources on quality confirmation or improvements. Support building a culture in the company on understanding and evaluating data quality, set data quality improvement goals, and encourage continuous improvements
- Catalog: Define templates, examples, and implementation of thorough profiles of data entities and data elements, with behavioral expectations, statistics, and levels of reliability/quality that enable data analysts, data scientists, and machine learning modelers to successfully absorb the knowledge and properly use the data
- Data models and protection: Improvements in various data models, that may bring the models closer to their goals and data modeling principles. Adhere and help improve access to sensitive data, such as health, personal, and financial, closely collaborating with security, development operations, and IT, help define access roles, including multi-tenant access to data and analytical dashboard to each custome
- You have 7+ years of hands-on experience as a Data Engineer at a rapidly growing technology company, ideally within a Data & Analytics team
- Expertise with data lakes, data ingestion processes, data visualization tools, data modeling
- Complete fluency in both Python and SQL
- Experience with tools and platforms like GCP, dbt, Docker, Poetry, Terraform, and Airflow
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Expertise in a data cataloging tools, like Atlan, is a plus
- You are passionate about working at a fast-paced, technical, and mission-focused organization
- Competitive Compensation and Equity
- Fully Remote Working Policy for US Based Employees
- 401k plans with a matching program
- Medical, Dental and Vision coverage: 99% employee premium covered, 75% dependent premium covered
- Life and AD+D Insurance
- 8 weeks Paid Parental Leave
- Optional HSA with Employer contribution
- Flexible Time Off and company paid holidays
- Annual Learning and Development Stipend
- Work from Home Stipend
- Excellence: We set ambitious goals and strive for excellence.
- Velocity: We focus, act with urgency, and deliver results.
- Ownership: We take ownership, dive deep and solve problems.
- Win-win: We play to win, setting ourselves and our customers up for success.
- Growth: We stay curious, seek feedback, and continuously learn and grow.
- 2024 — #48 on BuiltIn's Best Places to Work 2024
- 2023 — #29 on Linkedin's Top Startups 2023: The 50 U.S. companies on the rise
- 2023 — Fast Company World Changing Ideas for Overjet’s FDA-cleared dental AI
- 2023 — Fast Company World Most Innovative Companies
- 2023 — Fast Company Top 10 Healthcare Companies in the World
- 2022 AI-50 Forbes
- 2022 22 Start-ups to Watch in 2022 - Built in Boston
- 2021 AI 100 Ranking, showcasing the 100 most promising private artificial intelligence companies in the world - CB Insights
- 2021 Digital Health 150, highlighting the 150 most promising private digital health companies in the world - CB Insights
- 2020 & 2019 Digital Health 150 - CB Insights
Overjet is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We believe diversity enriches our team so we hire people with a wide range of identities, backgrounds, and experiences. Even if you don't meet 100% of the qualifications for this job, we strongly encourage you to apply!
If you are a Colorado resident: Please contact us by emailing email@example.com to receive compensation and benefits information for this role. Please include the job title in the subject line of the email.