Dental Insurance Specialist (CONTRACT)
Overjet is on a mission to improve oral health for all.
Our cutting-edge artificial intelligence technology encodes dentist-level training and analysis into scalable software tools. Today, our flagship products are used by some of the country’s largest insurance companies, dental support organizations, and dental practices to enable the best patient care.
We’re building an ambitious team of data scientists, software engineers, clinicians, and business thinkers and doers.
Overjet is backed by an amazing consortium of Venture Capital including General Catalyst, Insight Partners, Crosslink Capital and the E14 Fund. The company has raised nearly $80 million in capital to accelerate talent acquisition and product development driven by strong demand for Overjet’s dental AI.
Complementing our dental AI review services, Overjet provides licensed dental claims review for insurers through our nationwide network of dental consultants. These highly trained consultants review insurance claims based on medical necessity and eligibility, process claim appeals, and confer with providers.
As a Contract Dental Insurance Specialist, you will be responsible for providing support to this growing dental consultant team. This role is responsible for daily claim queue monitoring, and work distribution while meeting all compliance requirements and claim turnaround time expectations.
This position requires proficiency in G-suite (Gmail, Google Meet, Google Drive, etc.) as well as Slack.
- Provide administrative support needed for the day-to-day operations of the dental consultant team
- Monitor the claim queues, analyze and resolve any issues
- Maintain the dental consultant schedules, while ensuring claim turnaround times meet or exceed client expectations
- Provide support in proper maintenance of regulatory and compliance requirements
- 5+ years of claims experience preferably in dental insurance or equivalent relevant experience in a dental office
- Knowledge of dental services, terminology, and corresponding American Dental Association codes
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to multitask and use effective time management
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills. Proficient in Excel, Google Docs, and creating presentations and reports
- Ability to work collaboratively across multiple departments internally, and with external payers/partners and business stakeholders
- Excellence: We set ambitious goals and strive for excellence.
- Velocity: We focus, act with urgency, and deliver results.
- Ownership: We take ownership, dive deep and solve problems.
- Win-win: We play to win, setting ourselves and our customers up for success.
- Growth: We stay curious, seek feedback, and continuously learn and grow.
- 2023 — #29 on Linkedin's Top Startups 2023: The 50 U.S. companies on the rise
- 2023 — Fast Company World Changing Ideas for Overjet’s FDA-cleared dental AI
- 2023 — Fast Company World Most Innovative Companies
- 2023 — Fast Company Top 10 Healthcare Companies in the World
- 2022 AI-50 Forbes
- 2022 22 Start-ups to Watch in 2022 - Built in Boston
- 2021 AI 100 Ranking, showcasing the 100 most promising private artificial intelligence companies in the world - CB Insights
- 2021 Digital Health 150, highlighting the 150 most promising private digital health companies in the world - CB Insights
- 2020 & 2019 Digital Health 150 - CB Insights
Overjet is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We believe diversity enriches our team so we hire people with a wide range of identities, backgrounds, and experiences. Even if you don't meet 100% of the qualifications for this job, we strongly encourage you to apply!
If you are a Colorado resident: Please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org to receive compensation and benefits information for this role. Please include the job title in the subject line of the email.