Senior Accountant (Central or South America)
Overjet is on a mission to improve oral health for all.
Our cutting-edge artificial intelligence technology encodes dentist-level training and analysis into scalable software tools. Today, our flagship products are used by some of the country’s largest insurance companies, dental support organizations, and dental practices to enable the best patient care.
We’re building an ambitious team of data scientists, software engineers, clinicians, and business thinkers and doers.
Overjet is backed by an amazing consortium of Venture Capital including General Catalyst, Insight Partners, Crosslink Capital and the E14 Fund. The company has raised nearly $80 million in capital to accelerate talent acquisition and product development driven by strong demand for Overjet’s dental AI.
We are hiring for a Senior Accountant to take on a pivotal leadership role in shaping the financial landscape of our growing company. Reporting to the Controller, you'll be responsible for guiding and overseeing our operational and technical accounting processes, ensuring the accuracy and integrity of our financial data. This is a unique opportunity to contribute to the foundation of our financial infrastructure and make a lasting impact as we continue to expand.
- Prepare and own timely monthly & quarterly financial statements and own/participate in the month-end and year-end close process.
- Maintain and enhance financial system integrity through data clean-up, process improvements and system feature/capability upgrades.
- Own transactional accounting for areas such as bank and credit card transactions, AP, AR, payroll entry, stock comp and expense reporting, with an emphasis on processes to streamline the work as the company grows.
- Assist with accounting system implementations, business process improvements, reporting, and enforcing operational policies, procedures, and internal controls.
- Demonstrate technical background by helping with financial reporting and addressing technical issues such as ASC 350 and ASC 606.
- Responsible for tax reporting, compliance reporting, and assistance with the external financial audit process.
- Manage FT and 3rd party accounting resources in the execution of the above.
- 5+ years of progressive experience in accounting, with at least 2 years at the senior accountant level. CPA and experience leading audits are a strong plus but not required.
- Strong preference for candidates with accounting experience from high-growth startups, SaaS, and “build-the-department” job roles; healthcare background a plus.
- Experience managing a team and strong relationship skills with the proven ability to foster a sense of community with internal and external stakeholders.
- Fluency and comfort with GAAP accounting, and financial statement preparation, including month-end and year-end close process.
- Track record of driving transformation and efficiencies in controls and accounting systems.
- Experience with Netsuite, writing technical accounting memos, and performing flux analysis is preferred.
- Experience in addressing technical issues and contributing to financial reporting.
- Competitive Compensation and Equity
- Fully Remote Working Policy for US Based Employees
- 401k plans with a matching program
- Medical, Dental and Vision coverage: 99% employee premium covered, 75% dependent premium covered
- Life and AD+D Insurance
- 8 weeks Paid Parental Leave
- Optional HSA with Employer contribution
- Flexible Time Off and company paid holidays
- Annual Learning and Development Stipend
- Work from Home Stipend
- Excellence: We set ambitious goals and strive for excellence.
- Velocity: We focus, act with urgency, and deliver results.
- Ownership: We take ownership, dive deep and solve problems.
- Win-win: We play to win, setting ourselves and our customers up for success.
- Growth: We stay curious, seek feedback, and continuously learn and grow.
- 2023 — #29 on Linkedin's Top Startups 2023: The 50 U.S. companies on the rise
- 2023 — Fast Company World Changing Ideas for Overjet’s FDA-cleared dental AI
- 2023 — Fast Company World Most Innovative Companies
- 2023 — Fast Company Top 10 Healthcare Companies in the World
- 2022 AI-50 Forbes
- 2022 22 Start-ups to Watch in 2022 - Built in Boston
- 2021 AI 100 Ranking, showcasing the 100 most promising private artificial intelligence companies in the world - CB Insights
- 2021 Digital Health 150, highlighting the 150 most promising private digital health companies in the world - CB Insights
- 2020 & 2019 Digital Health 150 - CB Insights
Overjet is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We believe diversity enriches our team so we hire people with a wide range of identities, backgrounds, and experiences. Even if you don't meet 100% of the qualifications for this job, we strongly encourage you to apply!
If you are a Colorado resident: Please contact us by emailing email@example.com to receive compensation and benefits information for this role. Please include the job title in the subject line of the email.