Staff Data Engineer
Overjet is on a mission to improve oral health for all.
Our cutting-edge artificial intelligence technology encodes dentist-level training and analysis into scalable software tools. Today, our flagship products are used by some of the country’s largest insurance companies, dental support organizations, and dental practices to enable the best patient care.
We’re building an ambitious team of data scientists, software engineers, clinicians, and business thinkers and doers.
Overjet is backed by an amazing consortium of Venture Capital including General Catalyst, Insight Partners, Crosslink Capital and the E14 Fund. The company has raised nearly $80 million in capital to accelerate talent acquisition and product development driven by strong demand for Overjet’s dental AI.
Overjet is hiring a talented Senior Data Engineer to design, develop, and implement data integration solutions that help ensure we have world class data engineering capabilities.
The ideal candidate has strong back-end skills, significant experience with data flows & data modeling, and a passion for making sure that data is flowing across the board so that we can best serve our customers.
- Design, develop, and implement data pipelines to process data from patient management systems and digital imaging systems
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including Machine Learning engineers and product managers
- Conduct data mapping and data modeling activities
- Build framework for automated rollout of our products to new customers, including data validation
- Guide the development of data resources, support new product launches and improve product runtime performance
- 7+ years of software engineering experience including 3+ years of data-related experience
- Strong programming skills in Python, with the ability to write efficient and maintainable code
- Proficiency in SQL, familiarity with data modeling and database design principles
- Experience working with cloud vendors (GCP/AWS/Azure), especially using infrastructure-as-code software like Terraform
- Strong knowledge of Docker and Kubernetes for containerization and orchestration
- Experience with Practice Management Systems or electronic health records (EHR) is a plus but not required
- Knowledge of data security and compliance standard (e.g. HIPAA) and experience with sensitive patient data is a plus but not required
- Competitive Compensation and Equity
- Fully Remote Working Policy for US Based Employees
- 401k plans with a matching program
- Medical, Dental and Vision coverage: 99% employee premium covered, 75% dependent premium covered
- Life and AD+D Insurance
- 8 weeks Paid Parental Leave
- Optional HSA with Employer contribution
- Flexible Time Off and company paid holidays
- Annual Learning and Development Stipend
- Work from Home Stipend
- Excellence: We set ambitious goals and strive for excellence.
- Velocity: We focus, act with urgency, and deliver results.
- Ownership: We take ownership, dive deep and solve problems.
- Win-win: We play to win, setting ourselves and our customers up for success.
- Growth:We stay curious, seek feedback, and continuously learn and grow.
- 2023 — #29 on Linkedin's Top Startups 2023: The 50 U.S. companies on the rise
- 2023 — Fast Company World Changing Ideas for Overjet’s FDA-cleared dental AI
- 2023 — Fast Company World Most Innovative Companies
- 2023 — Fast Company Top 10 Healthcare Companies in the World
- 2022 AI-50 Forbes
- 2022 22 Start-ups to Watch in 2022 - Built in Boston
- 2021 AI 100 Ranking, showcasing the 100 most promising private artificial intelligence companies in the world - CB Insights
- 2021 Digital Health 150, highlighting the 150 most promising private digital health companies in the world - CB Insights
- 2020 & 2019 Digital Health 150 - CB Insights
Overjet is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We believe diversity enriches our team so we hire people with a wide range of identities, backgrounds, and experiences. Even if you don't meet 100% of the qualifications for this job, we strongly encourage you to apply!
If you are a Colorado resident: Please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org to receive compensation and benefits information for this role. Please include the job title in the subject line of the email.