Director of Engineering (Brazil, Argentina, Uruguay, or Colombia)
Overjet is on a mission to improve oral health for all.
Our cutting-edge artificial intelligence technology encodes dentist-level training and analysis into scalable software tools. Today, our flagship products are used by some of the country’s largest insurance companies, dental support organizations, and dental practices to enable the best patient care.
We’re building an ambitious team of data scientists, software engineers, clinicians, and business thinkers and doers.
Overjet is backed by an amazing consortium of Venture Capital including General Catalyst, Insight Partners, Crosslink Capital and the E14 Fund. The company has raised nearly $80 million in capital to accelerate talent acquisition and product development driven by strong demand for Overjet’s dental AI.
In this critical leadership position reporting directly to our Chief Technology Officer, you will be responsible for building and managing one or more brand-new engineering teams in Latin America with a focus on owning a complete product in Overjet’s lineup of industry-transforming dental AI solutions.
As the Director of Engineering, you will lead a team of talented, passionate engineers to deliver major company initiatives. You will be responsible for people management, technical direction, and driving major strategic and product initiatives. You will have a significant impact on the direction of the company.
This is initially a remote role based out of Brazil, Argentina, Uruguay, or Colombia. Periodic travel to the United States may be required.
- Build, lead and manage a highly effective team of engineers through hiring, coaching, mentoring, feedback and hands-on career development
- Work closely with your team's engineers, product owner, and stakeholders to enable sustainable and timely delivery of technical solutions to address business needs
- Facilitate a partnership between engineers, product managers, and architects to set the right goals and drive solutions across our platform
- Advocate for and implement engineering best-practices and develop technical strategy to guide short and long-term plans
- Partner with other leaders as we craft and evolve an agile learning organization while nurturing a healthy, collaborative engineering culture in-line with our values
- Create a culture of strong technical ownership, resulting in highly reliable services at scale
- Foster a healthy and collaborative culture that embodies Overjet's values
- Provide clear, succinct communication to other senior leaders at Overjet
- Striving for excellence on both people and technical leadership fronts
- 15+ years of relevant experience with increasing levels of responsibility
- You have led complex engineering efforts, and know what it takes to deliver while still having a healthy team
- Experience with delivering a 0-1 product from concept stage to final delivery is preferred
- You love developing and growing engineers and have a track record of doing so; you thrive when developing great people, in addition to great products
- You are comfortable remaining close to the technology with design, architecture, and code reviews
- You have experience in cultivating a strong engineering culture in an iterative, agile environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English is required
- If based in Brazil, fluency in Portuguese is required
- If based in Argentina, Uruguay, or Colombia, fluency in Spanish is required
- Competitive Compensation and Equity
- Fully Remote Working Policy for US Based Employees
- 401k plans with a matching program
- Medical, Dental and Vision coverage: 99% employee premium covered, 75% dependent premium covered
- Life and AD+D Insurance
- 8 weeks Paid Parental Leave
- Optional HSA with Employer contribution
- Flexible Time Off and company paid holidays
- Annual Learning and Development Stipend
- Work from Home Stipend
- Ambition: We set ambitious goals and strive for excellence.
- Velocity: We focus, act with urgency, and deliver results.
- Ownership: We take ownership, dive deep and solve problems.
- Win-win: We play to win, setting ourselves and our customers up for success.
- Growth: We stay curious, seek feedback, and continuously learn and grow.
- 2023 — #29 on Linkedin's Top Startups 2023: The 50 U.S. companies on the rise
- 2023 — Fast Company World Changing Ideas for Overjet’s FDA-cleared dental AI
- 2023 — Fast Company World Most Innovative Companies
- 2023 — Fast Company Top 10 Healthcare Companies in the World
- 2022 AI-50 Forbes
- 2022 22 Start-ups to Watch in 2022 - Built in Boston
- 2021 AI 100 Ranking, showcasing the 100 most promising private artificial intelligence companies in the world - CB Insights
- 2021 Digital Health 150, highlighting the 150 most promising private digital health companies in the world - CB Insights
- 2020 & 2019 Digital Health 150 - CB Insights
Overjet is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We believe diversity enriches our team so we hire people with a wide range of identities, backgrounds, and experiences. Even if you don't meet 100% of the qualifications for this job, we strongly encourage you to apply!
If you are a Colorado resident: Please contact us by emailing email@example.com to receive compensation and benefits information for this role. Please include the job title in the subject line of the email.