Staff Software Engineer- DevOps
Overjet is on a mission to improve oral health for all.
Our cutting-edge artificial intelligence technology encodes dentist-level training and analysis into scalable software tools. Today, our flagship products are used by some of the country’s largest insurance companies, dental support organizations, and dental practices to enable the best patient care.
We’re building an ambitious team of data scientists, software engineers, clinicians, and business thinkers and doers.
Overjet is backed by an amazing consortium of Venture Capital including General Catalyst, Insight Partners, Crosslink Capital and the E14 Fund. The company has raised nearly $80 million in capital to accelerate talent acquisition and product development driven by strong demand for Overjet’s dental AI.
The Platform Engineering team within Overjet is responsible for building the software, systems and infrastructure that all engineering teams rely on to deliver their products. As a Staff Engineer on this team you will work closely with the Platform Engineering manager and our partners in engineering to build and operate the tools, systems and infrastructure that ensure our products are reliable and performant.
- Work with engineering partners to identify solutions that improve reliability, quality, and time-to-market for our products
- Build software and systems to manage platform infrastructure and applications
- Build software and systems that help to improve the developer experience
- Collaborate closely with our Security team to ensure our systems are secure and meeting regulatory compliance requirements
- Hold a high bar for the quality of the architecture and design of systems, while striving to keep it simple too.
- Ability to be "on-call" on non-working hours periodically, as needed and planned for by the team.
- 8+ years of experience in a Software Engineer, DevOps or Platform Engineer role
- 2+ years of experience as a technical lead
- Experience building and operating systems on a public cloud (GCP, AWS, Azure)
- Experience building and operating systems on Kubernetes
- Experience with observability, automation, and performance engineering in a cloud-based environment
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Delivery
- Proficiency with Go, Python or other high level programming language
- Collaboration and communication skills - Must be able to work across multiple teams and communicate effectively
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, technical, and mission focused environment
- Competitive Compensation and Equity
- Fully Remote Working Policy for US Based Employees
- 401k plans with a matching program
- Medical, Dental and Vision coverage: 99% employee premium covered, 75% dependent premium covered
- Life and AD+D Insurance
- 8 weeks Paid Parental Leave
- Optional HSA with Employer contribution
- Flexible Time Off and company paid holidays
- Annual Learning and Development Stipend
- Work from Home Stipend
- Take Ownership - Taking ownership if about taking initiative. We take ownership when we believe that taking action is not someone else’s responsibility
- Deliver Results Fast - It’s not about getting work done quickly. It’s about delivering results that meets a desired outcome and prioritizing tasks accordingly.
- Learn and Improve - We want learning as a lifelong process and look for ways to improve our understanding in all areas of both the healthcare and technology
- Collaborate Effectively - We know and understand people you work with, and share resources to help others.
- Have Fun - We stop to celebrate small wins. We are bias for positivity, and we enjoy what you do.
- 2022 AI-50 Forbes
- 2022 22 Start-ups to Watch in 2022 - Built in Boston
- 2021 AI 100 Ranking, showcasing the 100 most promising private artificial intelligence companies in the world - CB Insights
- 2021 Digital Health 150, highlighting the 150 most promising private digital health companies in the world - CB Insights
- 2020 & 2019 Digital Health 150 - CB Insights
Overjet is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We believe diversity enriches our team so we hire people with a wide range of identities, backgrounds, and experiences. Even if you don't meet 100% of the qualifications for this job, we strongly encourage you to apply!
If you are a Colorado resident: Please contact us by emailing email@example.com to receive compensation and benefits information for this role. Please include the job title in the subject line of the email.