Overjet is on a mission to improve oral health for all.
Our cutting-edge artificial intelligence technology encodes dentist-level training and analysis into scalable software tools. Today, our flagship products are used by some of the country’s largest insurance companies, dental support organizations, and dental practices to enable the best patient care.
We’re building an ambitious team of data scientists, software engineers, clinicians, and business thinkers and doers.
Overjet is backed by an amazing consortium of Venture Capital including General Catalyst, Insight Partners, Crosslink Capital and the E14 Fund. The company has raised nearly $80 million in capital to accelerate talent acquisition and product development driven by strong demand for Overjet’s dental AI.
Overjet is growing! We’re hiring a Controller to manage, develop, and scale our accounting function at Overjet. In this role, you’ll be leading the processes of the accounting function while helping build Overjet’s Finance function for the future. A successful candidate should be comfortable with a fast-paced and dynamic environment, demonstrate superb judgment, and effectively manage multiple priorities. If you are a quick learner who can think analytically while staying organized, be detail-oriented and diving deep when needed, then this is the opportunity for you.
- Directing all aspects of accounting operations, including transactions related to general ledger, receivables, payables, payroll, and financial reporting
- Analyzing financial results for profits, trends, costs, and budget compliance, issuing regular and ad hoc reports to senior management
- Developing and maintaining accounting policies and systems, including financial reporting
- Ensuring that records are maintained in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles
- Assisting senior management in financial planning and results management
- Working with team members to understand revenue and cost drivers, defining appropriate tracking reports
- Coordinating and reviewing monthly, quarterly, and annual reports
- Preparing and coordinating tax schedules, returns, and information
- Managing relationships with insurance providers and ensuring compliance
- Handling all tax planning and compliance with required federal, state, local, payroll, property, and other taxes.
- Managing cash flow
- Building an accounting department as the company grows
- Managing full-time and third-party accounting resources in executing the above tasks
- 10+ years of accounting experience, including time at a large public accounting firm. CPA and experience leading audits preferred but not required
- Strong preference for candidates with accounting backgrounds in high-growth startups, SaaS, and “build-the-department” job roles; healthcare background a plus
- Entrepreneurial mindset to develop the Finance function in a high-growth startup
- Experience managing teams and fostering strong internal and external relationships
- Willingness to be both player and coach in a small startup environment where everyone executes
- Proficiency in GAAP accounting and financial statement preparation, including month-end and year-end close process
- Track record of driving transformation and efficiencies in controls and accounting systems
- Experience with Quickbooks
- Experience implementing an ERP and revising chart of accounts a plus
- Strong analytical and technical accounting skills
- Competitive Compensation and Equity
- Fully Remote Working Policy for US Based Employees
- 401k plans with a matching program
- Medical, Dental and Vision coverage: 99% employee premium covered, 75% dependent premium covered
- Life and AD+D Insurance
- 8 weeks Paid Parental Leave
- Optional HSA with Employer contribution
- Flexible PTO policy and company-paid holidays
- Annual Learning and Development Stipend
- Work from Home Stipend
- 2022 AI-50 Forbes
- 2022 22 Start-ups to Watch in 2022 - Built in Boston
- 2021 AI 100 Ranking, showcasing the 100 most promising private artificial intelligence companies in the world - CB Insights
- 2021 Digital Health 150, highlighting the 150 most promising private digital health companies in the world - CB Insights
- 2020 & 2019 Digital Health 150 - CB Insights
Overjet is an equal opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We believe diversity enriches our team so we hire people with a wide range of identities, backgrounds, and experiences. Even if you don't meet 100% of the qualifications for this job, we strongly encourage you to apply!
If you are a Colorado resident: Please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org to receive compensation and benefits information for this role. Please include the job title in the subject line of the email.