Engineering Manager - Enterprise Insurance
Overjet is on a mission to improve oral health for all.
Our cutting-edge artificial intelligence technology encodes dentist-level training and analysis into scalable software tools. Today, our flagship products are used by some of the country’s largest insurance companies, dental support organizations, and dental practices to enable the best patient care.
We’re building an ambitious team of data scientists, software engineers, clinicians, and business thinkers and doers.
As the manager for the growing Core Services team, you will support the team in designing/deploying high-quality, scalable services in a hands on way. Your team works in a highly-regulated environment and will work on improving CI/CD metrics on all production code, generalizing the Insurance Claims Workflow and creating automation and self service tools for all stakeholders.
- Build, lead and serve an effective team of engineers through hiring, coaching, mentoring, feedback and hands-on career development.
- Work closely with your team engineers, product owner, and stakeholders to enable sustainable and timely delivery of technical solutions to address business needs.
- Facilitate a partnership between engineers, product managers, and architect to set the right goals and drive solutions across our platform
- Advocate for and implement engineering best-practices and develop technical strategy to guide short and long-term plans.
- Partner with other leaders as we craft and evolve an agile, learning organization while nurturing a healthy, collaborative engineering culture in-line with our values.
Who you are
- You love developing and growing engineers and have a track record of doing so; you thrive when developing great people, not just great products.
- You remain close to the technology with design, architecture, and code reviews
- You are passionate about teamwork and collaboration, while coaching and mentoring software developers to deliver timely, high-quality software.
- You have experience in cultivating a strong engineering culture in an iterative, agile environment.
- You have led complex engineering efforts, and know what it takes to deliver while still having a healthy team.
- 8+ years of software engineering experience with 1-2+ years of experience in managing high performing teams
- Proficient in at least one modern programming language and relational databases
- We work in Agile environment, so any Agile experience or CI/CD concepts is helpful
- Competitive Compensation and Equity
- Fully Remote Working Policy for US Based Employees
- 401k plans with a matching program
- Medical, Dental and Vision coverage: 99% employee premium covered, 75% dependent premium covered
- Life and AD+D Insurance
- 8 weeks Paid Parental Leave
- Optional HSA with Employer contribution
- Flexible PTO policy and company-paid holidays
- Annual Learning and Development Stipend
- Work from Home Stipend
- 2022 AI-50 Forbes
- 2022 22 Start-ups to Watch in 2022 - Built in Boston
- 2021 AI 100 Ranking, showcasing the 100 most promising private artificial intelligence companies in the world - CB Insights
- 2021 Digital Health 150, highlighting the 150 most promising private digital health companies in the world - CB Insights
- 2020 & 2019 Digital Health 150 - CB Insights
Overjet is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We believe diversity enriches our team so we hire people with a wide range of identities, backgrounds, and experiences. Even if you don't meet 100% of the qualifications for this job, we strongly encourage you to apply!
If you are a Colorado resident: Please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org to receive compensation and benefits information for this role. Please include the job title in the subject line of the email.
Something looks off?