Senior Machine Learning Engineer
Overjet is on a mission to improve oral health for all.
Our cutting-edge artificial intelligence technology encodes dentist-level training and analysis into scalable software tools. Today, our flagship products are used by some of the country’s largest insurance companies, dental support organizations, and dental practices to enable the best patient care.
We’re building an ambitious team of data scientists, software engineers, clinicians, and business thinkers and doers.
Overjet is backed by an amazing consortium of Venture Capital including General Catalyst, Insight Partners, Crosslink Capital and the E14 Fund. The company has raised nearly $80 million in capital to accelerate talent acquisition and product development driven by strong demand for Overjet’s dental AI.
As a ML Research Engineer at Overjet, your aim will be to help in the development of tools that enables our ML Scientists
- to be more efficient, and
- to develop reproducible, and high performance models
You will be responsible for designing the architecture and roadmap of our model dataset creation, model training, and model evaluation infrastructure for our internal users. As part of your role, you will be also responsible for the development, implementation, and maintenance of tools and systems dedicated to monitoring the performance of our production models.
- Develop and maintain machine learning development pipelines.
- Implement and maintain metrics for tracking ML models performance.
- Design and develop internal tools and APIs related to training and evaluation dataset creation.
- Model integration with labeling and data curation processes
- Develop and maintain datasets and feature stores
- Model performance optimization, monitoring, maintenance, and reporting
- Development of generalized training and inference services
- 2+ years of of experience designing microservices and data processing pipelines at scale
- 2+ years of experience with Google Cloud Platform (GCP) or AWS
- Strong programming skills in Python (5+ years)
- Experience with database (SQL and NoSQL) systems such as BigQuery, Postgres, MongoDB
- Experience with optimizing models for production deployments (e.g. architecture modifications, quantization, or other techniques)
- Strong understanding of machine learning concepts and algorithms, and experience with developing and deploying machine learning models in production
- Working machine learning knowledge of either Computer Vision models or LLMs
- Ability to modify and train open source models
- Experience with distributed model training and/or inference
- Previous experience deploying systems for efficient batch or online ETL
Please note that while prior experience and expertise are valuable, we understand that not all candidates may possess every skill or experience listed. We encourage applicants who are enthusiastic and willing to learn to apply, as we value growth mindset and provide opportunities for professional development.
- Competitive Compensation and Equity
- Fully Remote Working Policy for US Based Employees
- 401k plans with a matching program
- Medical, Dental and Vision coverage: 99% employee premium covered, 75% dependent premium covered
- Life and AD+D Insurance
- 8 weeks Paid Parental Leave
- Optional HSA with Employer contribution
- 15 Day PTO policies and company paid holidays
- Annual Learning and Development Stipend
- Work from Home Stipend
- 2022 AI-50 Forbes
- 2022 22 Start-ups to Watch in 2022 - Built in Boston
- 2021 AI 100 Ranking, showcasing the 100 most promising private artificial intelligence companies in the world - CB Insights
- 2021 Digital Health 150, highlighting the 150 most promising private digital health companies in the world - CB Insights
- 2020 & 2019 Digital Health 150 - CB Insights
Overjet is an equal opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We believe diversity enriches our team so we hire people with a wide range of identities, backgrounds, and experiences. Even if you don't meet 100% of the qualifications for this job, we strongly encourage you to apply!
If you are a Colorado resident: Please contact us by emailing email@example.com to receive compensation and benefits information for this role. Please include the job title in the subject line of the email.