Senior Manager, Infrastructure Operations Vendor Management
Hi, we're Oscar. We're hiring a Senior Manager, Infrastructure Operations Vendor Management to join our Eligibility & Billing Optimization team.
Oscar is the first health insurance company built around a full stack technology platform and a focus on serving our members. We started Oscar in 2012 to create the kind of health insurance company we would want for ourselves—one that behaves like a doctor in the family.
About the role
You will lead procurement and vendor management activities to ensure organizational requirements are met and follow the company’s operational costs and budgets. The core functional areas include, but are not limited to: vendor oversight, contract management (SLA monitoring, invoice terms, term/renewal facilitation, etc.) and regular monthly or quarterly business reviews. You will be charged to ensure Oscar’s teams can act strategically and focus on key business operations by assuming responsibility for overall vendor performance.
You will report to the:Director, Enrollment and Billing Optimization.
Oscar is a blended work culture where everyone, regardless of work type or location, feels connected to their teammates, our culture and our mission.
If you live within commutable distance to our New York City office ( in Hudson Square), our Tempe office (off the 101 at University Ave), or our Los Angeles office (in Marina Del Rey), you will be expected to come into the office at least two days each week. Otherwise, this is a remote / work-from-home role.
You must reside in one of the following states: Alabama, Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Iowa, Kentucky, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, or Washington, D.C. Note, this list of states is subject to change. #LI-Remote
The base pay for this role in the states of California, Connecticut, New Jersey, New York, and Washington is: $131,200-$172,200 per year. The base pay for this role in all other locations is: $118,080 - $154,980 per year. You are also eligible for employee benefits, participation in Oscar’s unlimited vacation program and annual performance bonuses.
- This role partners with business areas to ensure vendors are sourced and onboarded in order for strategic priorities to be accomplished
- Manage and facilitate quarterly business reviews to manage overall vendor program
- Analyze costs, negotiate contracts, and use volume discounts to reduce expenses.
- Identify cost-saving opportunities and implement cost-effective management strategies.
- Maintain strong, mutually beneficial relationships with vendors/partners to promote long-term partnerships.
- Utilize data analytics to drive decision-making and performance assessment.
- Use data to drive vendor/partner performance improvements and cost savings.
- Compliance with all applicable laws and regulations
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in management, healthcare or related field; or 6+ years commensurate experience
- 5+ years vendor management experience
- 10+ years of health plan experience
- MBA Degree
This is an authentic Oscar Health job opportunity. Learn more about how you can safeguard yourself from recruitment fraud here.
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds and perspectives..
Final offer amounts, within the base pay set forth above, are determined by factors including your relevant skills, education, and experience.
Full-time employees are eligible for benefits including: medical, dental, and vision benefits, 11 paid holidays, paid sick time, paid parental leave, 401(k) plan participation, life and disability insurance, and paid wellness time and reimbursements.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.