Associate Director, Product Solutions
Hi, we're Oscar. We're hiring an Associate Director to join our Product Solutions team.
Oscar is the first health insurance company built around a full stack technology platform and a focus on serving our members. We started Oscar in 2012 to create the kind of health insurance company we would want for ourselves—one that behaves like a doctor in the family.
About the role
You will sit at the intersection of product, the insurance business teams, internal stakeholders, and external clients, working to identify long-term opportunities and challenges. You will own external relationships with technical leaders that support our insurance partnerships. You will execute crucial projects that ensure the success of our partnerships, manage matrixed, cross-functional work streams internally and inform stakeholders externally. You will build an operating model for our external partnerships that can scale with the growth of the business. This role is a great opportunity for a leader who can context switch between granular technical decisions, strategic client relationships management, and everything in between. This role is both strategic and operational and does not include any direct reports.
You will report into the VP of Product.
Oscar is a blended work culture where everyone, regardless of work type or location, feels connected to their teammates, our culture and our mission.
This is a hybrid role in our New York City office. You will work part of the time in the office and part of the time remote / work-from-home. #LI-Hybrid
The base pay for this role is: $144,000 - $189,000 per year. You are also eligible for employee benefits, participation in Oscar's unlimited vacation program, and annual performance bonuses.
- Become a deep expert in the needs of our external partners, our technology stack, and Oscar's core business priorities, and wield that interdisciplinary expertise to achieve your business objectives
- Serve as the primary technical point of contact in both internal and external program management discussions with senior stakeholders, as well as the primary point of contact for escalated issues
- Build and refine internal operating models that ensure we can enhance the experience of our partners while scaling
- Work side by side with the internal teams who are crafting Oscar's C+O growth and retention strategies to ensure it both informs and is informed by our product and technology approach
- Collaborate with Engineering and Product leadership to advocate for the development of tech capabilities that will support and grow our insurance partnerships
- You have been in a technical, client facing role in the healthcare technology space for 7+ years. You are well versed in managing complex data models and integrations.
- You project manage multiple small and large projects at the same time and carry them to completion.
- You understand other disciplines and bring everyone together using communication and structured thinking. You know how to balance internal and external priorities, and see things from a client's point of view.
- Healthcare is complicated; you're curious and excited to get into the details and become an expert in health insurance infrastructure, from how claims are processed to how payments flow through the healthcare system.
- You can turn new, vague ideas into implementable projects and identify new opportunities that move the needle. You use data to clarify decisions wherever possible.
- You can look at a complex, ambiguous problem and create a solution all the way from top-level goals to nitty-gritty operational and system details. You can quickly identify risks, cross-functional dependencies, and client considerations when assessing new ideas.
- You will field many ideas from internal and external stakeholders to scale our partnerships. Where will you start and why?
- You love helping product managers, engineers, designers, operations experts, and other teams around you do their best work. You solve problems with others and can also take the lead on larger cross-functional projects.
This is an authentic Oscar Health job opportunity. Learn more about how you can safeguard yourself from recruitment fraud here.
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds and perspectives..
Final offer amounts, within the base pay set forth above, are determined by factors including your relevant skills, education, and experience.
Full-time employees are eligible for benefits including: medical, dental, and vision benefits, 11 paid holidays, paid sick time, paid parental leave, 401(k) plan participation, life and disability insurance, and paid wellness time and reimbursements.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.