Hi, we're Oscar. We're hiring a Securities Paralegal to join our Legal team.
Oscar is the first health insurance company built around a full stack technology platform and a focus on serving our members. We started Oscar in 2012 to create the kind of health insurance company we would want for ourselves—one that behaves like a doctor in the family.
About the role
The Senior Securities Paralegal is a key member of the Legal team and supports the corporate legal team with all aspects of Oscar’s securities and public company work.
You will report to the Sr. Corporate Counsel.
Oscar is a blended work culture where everyone, regardless of work type or location, feels connected to their teammates, our culture and our mission.
This is a hybrid role in our New York City office. You will work part of the time in the office and part of the time remote / work-from-home. #LI-Hybrid
The base pay for this role is: $98,400 - $129,150 per year. You are also eligible for employee benefits, participation in Oscar’s unlimited vacation program and annual performance bonuses.
- Assist in all areas related to corporate and securities matters
- Provide support in the preparation and review of SEC filings, including Forms 10-K, 10-Q, 8-K and S-8, Section 16 reports, and the proxy statement
- Support the administration and periodic updates of Oscar policies related to insider trading, Regulation FD, related party transactions and 10b5-1 plans
- Help administer trading processes, including managing pre-clearance, trading window logistics, Rule 10b5-1 plan implementation, sell to cover process, and insider trading training
- Partner with our Equity team on equity matters, and coordinate with Oscar’s transfer agent and other parties on documentation needed for legend removal, share transfers and other matters
- Provide support on developing Oscar’s public company practices and tracking and preparing for new SEC rules
- Provide legal and administrative support to attorneys, including legal research
- Compliance with all applicable laws and regulations
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of paralegal experience at a top tier law firm and/or in-house, ideally at a publicly traded company
- Experience supporting public company governance and Securities and Exchange Act reporting compliance, including supporting 10Ks, 10Qs, 8Ks, Section 16 reporting and insider trading compliance
This is an authentic Oscar Health job opportunity. Learn more about how you can safeguard yourself from recruitment fraud here.
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds and perspectives..
Final offer amounts, within the base pay set forth above, are determined by factors including your relevant skills, education, and experience.
Full-time employees are eligible for benefits including: medical, dental, and vision benefits, 11 paid holidays, paid sick time, paid parental leave, 401(k) plan participation, life and disability insurance, and paid wellness time and reimbursements.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.