Financial Systems Associate (Adaptive)
Hi, we're Oscar. We're hiring a Financial Systems Associate to join our Strategic Finance team.
Oscar is the first health insurance company built around a full stack technology platform and a focus on serving our members. We started Oscar in 2012 to create the kind of health insurance company we would want for ourselves—one that behaves like a doctor in the family.
About the role
The Associate, Financial Systems develops Oscar’s financial systems, analyzing existing processes, creating new processes for scale, and managing projects simultaneously to support Oscar’s fast-growing business.
You will report to the Finance Systems Manager.
This is a remote / work-from-home role. You must reside in one of the following states: Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Iowa, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, or Washington, D.C. Note, this list of states is subject to change. #LI-Remote
The base pay for this role in the states of California, Connecticut, New Jersey, New York, and Washington is: $93,600 - $122,850 per year. The base pay for this role in all other locations is: $84,240 - $110,566 per year. You are also eligible for employee benefits, participation in Oscar's unlimited vacation program and annual performance bonuses.
- Support critical business strategies by maintaining and further developing the budget systems while collaborating with FP&A, Accounting, People, and other system partners.
- Be a primary contact for financial systems (Adaptive Insights), create and revise configurations and customizations to meet evolving business and operational needs, including analyzing our requirements and translating them into efficient application configurations
- Monitor deployment of additional cloud-based functionality/upgrades released for our financial systems (Workday/Adaptive), complete and coordinate testing and communication to important partners
- Manage business rules affecting calculations, allocations, and repositories built within financial systems for the purposes of facilitating our annual budgeting exercise and recurring forecasts
- Develop, document, and implement policies, procedures, guidelines, and best practices to ensure data integrity and standardized end-user processes
- Lead internal training and regular information sharing activities; Help create training and user documentation, and maintain ongoing documentation for processes as our needs evolve or features are added
- Manage data integrations between our financial systems (such as into Adaptive Insights from NetSuite), including troubleshooting intermittent data and break/fix issues
- Perform additional tasks related to the administration of our financial systems including cost centers (levels structure), G/L structure, and other relevant hierarchies required for reporting
- Compliance with all applicable laws and regulations
- Other duties as assigned
- 3+ years of financial systems experience
- 2+ years Adaptive Planning experience
- Workday Adaptive Planning Certification training certifications
- NetSuite experience
- Google BigQuery experience
- Adaptive Planning implementation experience
- Knowledge of healthcare or health insurance
This is an authentic Oscar Health job opportunity. Learn more about how you can safeguard yourself from recruitment fraud here.
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds and perspectives..
Final offer amounts, within the base pay set forth above, are determined by factors including your relevant skills, education, and experience.
Full-time employees are eligible for benefits including: medical, dental, and vision benefits, 11 paid holidays, paid sick time, paid parental leave, 401(k) plan participation, life and disability insurance, and paid wellness time and reimbursements.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.