Operations Design Associate
Hi, we're Oscar. We're hiring an Operations Design Associate to join our Provider lifecycle team.
Oscar is the first health insurance company built around a full stack technology platform and a focus on serving our members. We started Oscar in 2012 to create the kind of health insurance company we would want for ourselves—one that behaves like a doctor in the family.
About the role
Designs and manages process design of our insurance operations with a focus on identifying areas for improvement to create efficiency and scale. Responsible for identifying, scoping and implementing solutions for operational people process and technology across provider operations.
You will report to the Senior Manager, Technical Operations.
Oscar is a blended work culture where everyone, regardless of work type or location, feels connected to their teammates, our culture and our mission.
This is a hybrid role in our Los Angeles, California office. You will work part of the time in the office and part of the time remote / work-from-home. #LI-Hybrid
The base pay for this role is: $93,600 - $122,850 per year. You are also eligible for employee benefits, participation in Oscar’s unlimited vacation program and annual performance bonuses.
- Lead and cross collaborate on iterative problem definition and scoping to build solutions for process design and implementation of strategy.
- Develop plans to improve the efficacy and efficiency of existing operational processes or unlock need for new tooling capabilities
- Utilize insights data to independently drive business decisions to impact cross-functional strategy
- Develop a design roadmap in collaboration with process improvement and product into a work plan that allows for prioritization of implementation.
- Distill the requirements of new product and market expansions and design tooling enhancements as necessary to reduce manual work requirements.
- Collaborate with process management to design the right business process without tooling needs.
- Lead requirements gathering and documentation for business capability gaps, business process mapping and drive discussions with product stakeholders to turn both artifacts into a solution product requirements design.
- Support the production provider operations teams to resolve complex tooling issues through issue investigation, training, and data insights.
- Understanding of the operations ecosystem, technology and data models as well as its current strengths, weaknesses, and gaps.
- Manage and maintain relationships with relevant stakeholders as a representative of Insurance Operations
- A bachelor’s degree or 4+ years commensurate experience
- 3+ years of work in operations, health insurance, data analysis, engineering and/or consulting
- 3+ years of experience using data software such as Excel,, SQL, Powerpoint, Visio, Camunda
- 3+ Experience developing project plans coordinating with internal and external stakeholders
- Proficiency in designing and improving workflows as well as standing up accompanying operating and technical procedures
- Knowledge management, training, or content development in operational settings
- Process Improvement or Lean Six Sigma training
This is an authentic Oscar Health job opportunity. Learn more about how you can safeguard yourself from recruitment fraud here.
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds and perspectives..
Final offer amounts, within the base pay set forth above, are determined by factors including your relevant skills, education, and experience.
Full-time employees are eligible for benefits including: medical, dental, and vision benefits, 11 paid holidays, paid sick time, paid parental leave, 401(k) plan participation, life and disability insurance, and paid wellness time and reimbursements.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.