Compensation Lead Analyst
Hi, we're Oscar. We're hiring a Compensation Lead Analyst to join our Total Rewards team.
Oscar is the first health insurance company built around a full stack technology platform and a focus on serving our members. We started Oscar in 2012 to create the kind of health insurance company we would want for ourselves—one that behaves like a doctor in the family.
About the role
This role is responsible for assisting compensation administration and implementation for the organization's various compensation programs. This includes areas related to system implementations, incentive programs, salary administration and conducting compensation/equity market assessments and forecasting. This position will manage the oversight of existing compensation programs and assist in enhancing and developing new programs to further refine the compensation philosophy, helping translate strategy into results.
You will report to the Senior Manager, Compensation.
You must reside in one of the following states: Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Iowa, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, or Washington, D.C. Note, this list of states is subject to change. #LI-Remote
The base pay for this role in the states of California, Connecticut, New Jersey, New York, and Washington is: $96,000 - $126,000 per year. The base pay for this role in all other locations is: $86,400 - $113,400 per year. You are also eligible for employee benefits, participation in Oscar’s unlimited vacation program and annual performance bonuses.
- Own the reporting and Workday system design and delivery for the Merit Cycle and overall compensation module
- Lead annual benchmarking surveys and salary survey submission with our market data providers
- Work closely with other members of the People Team, hiring managers, and Talent Acquisition to make recommendations on appropriate salary based upon role evaluation, focusing on external market reviews and internal equity
- Prepare market analysis and survey benchmarking to ensure compensation programs are competitive
- Own monthly bonus accruals process and partner with Finance to enhance and improve the budgeting processes
- Act as control owner of job architecture and compensation bands and conduct audits of our systems to ensure compliance
- Develop communications and training materials to support all compensation programs to ensure manager and employee understanding
- Administer and host manager and stakeholder compensation training sessions
- Work cross functionally with HRIS, HR Business Partner, Talent Acquisition and larger People Team on compensation programs and administration
- Serve as escalation point and expert for other members of the People Team for elevated inquiries and/or leadership support
- Partner with the Total Rewards team and functional stakeholders in identifying areas for process improvement within the department and overall organization
- 4+ years working in a compensation related capacity.
- 2+ years of experience at a public company
- 4+ years experience, process driven, including ability to manage and analyze leverage tools and technologies (advanced excel knowledge).
- 2+ years hands on experience working in the advanced compensation module in Workday
- 1+ years of experience with salary survey submission (experience with Radford and Mercer Salary Survey submission is preferred)
- Strong understanding of compensation principles and practices, including survey participation, market-based benchmarking, salary banding, and incentive program design
- Experience administering equity based compensation packages
- Healthcare/Insurance industry related experience
- High tech/start up company experience preferred
- Sales compensation experience
This is an authentic Oscar Health job opportunity. Learn more about how you can safeguard yourself from recruitment fraud here.
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds and perspectives..
Final offer amounts, within the base pay set forth above, are determined by factors including your relevant skills, education, and experience.
Full-time employees are eligible for benefits including: medical, dental, and vision benefits, 11 paid holidays, paid sick time, paid parental leave, 401(k) plan participation, life and disability insurance, and paid wellness time and reimbursements.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Something looks off?