Customer Success Manager (SMB)
Origin is reimagining wealth management by making it accessible and affordable to all. Today, money is the [#1] source of stress - more than jobs, health, and relationships combined. That stress is exacerbated in the current economic environment, which is presenting people with once-in-a-generation financial challenges. Origin is tackling this problem head on by expanding access to financial planning for those who have historically been boxed out due to high barriers to entry. Our product simplifies finances for individuals making it easy to manage spend and investments, get expert advice, and take action to hit financial goals.
We are a fast-paced startup in the series B round, led by repeat founders and backed by leading VC firms like Founders Fund, Felicis, and General Catalyst.
What's this roles mission
The Customer Success Manager (SMB) is critical to Origin’s customer experience and the entire lifecycle of a customer account. Your mission will be to manage customer relationships with a sales component perspective for a robust and dynamic group of customer organizations.
In this role, you will engage across internal teams and external customer stakeholders to ensure the ongoing success of all customer engagements. You will leverage your project management, consulting and support skills along with deep product knowledge to deliver excellent service and on-time engagements.
What you'll do:
- Customer Retention and Success: Provide exceptional customer service to maintain existing business. Identify and solve any issues or problems experienced by customers and manage customer complaints constructively.
- Business Expansion: Drive growth within existing accounts through upsells and expansions. Understand customer needs and identify opportunities for additional product/service use.
- Relationship Management: Develop and maintain strong relationships with customers to understand their needs and ensure a positive customer experience.
- Account Management: Manage multiple accounts efficiently and effectively with a focus on performance improvement.
- Cross-Functional Collaboration: Work closely with our sales, marketing, and product teams to ensure customer feedback is communicated internally and product improvements are realized by the customer.
What we consider a must have:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years of customer success, account management, or related experience in a B2B environment.
- Expert listening and discovery skills - and ability to map product value to customer needs.
- Expert Project Management Skills
- Commitment to excellence, bias for action, and exceptional attention to detail.
- Proven track record of maintaining and growing customer relationships.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a customer-first mindset.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, and results-oriented culture.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to turn negative situations into positive ones.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity with CRM software and other professional tools.
And as a nice to have:
- Experience serving HR/People team customers a plus
- Experience in a fintech or financial services environment.
- Proven track record of driving client success and achieving retention goals.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Generous base salary
- Meaningful equity package
Health and Wellness
- Heath Insurance;
- Life insurance;
- Wellness allowance;
- Mental health;
- Parenthood & fertility;
- Unlimited access to Origin;
- Coworking allowance;
- Work setup one-time stipend;
- Unlimited PTO;
- Parental leave;
- Flexible hours;
Fulfilling our mission is only possible with a diverse team that breathes for excellence and is hugely committed to making money simple for everyone, everywhere.
As a team, we are obsessed with delivering the best solution possible to our members through an elegant and self-guided experience. We know that building a product of this magnitude requires from us tons of creativity, autonomy, and flexibility to move fast and embrace uncertainties with ownership. This is who we daily pursue to be!
To embrace talented people like this and provide the necessary resources to achieve their best versions, we believe in the power of a healthy environment where each person is valued for who they are and have clear goals and expectations for the future they can build within the company. Each person here is seen as a key player in our team.
Our environment is diverse, with excellent people and equal opportunities. We believe in the power of the individuality and uniqueness of each of us to make our team even more powerful.
We are building an outstanding solution, and here is an invitation for you to become an Original and join us on this journey!