Head of Design and Research
Origin is reimagining wealth management by making it accessible and affordable to all. Today, money is the [#1] source of stress - more than jobs, health, and relationships combined. That stress is exacerbated in the current economic environment, which is presenting people with once-in-a-generation financial challenges. Origin is tackling this problem head on by expanding access to financial planning for those who have historically been boxed out due to high barriers to entry. Our product simplifies finances for individuals making it easy to manage spend and investments, get expert advice, and take action to hit financial goals.
We are a fast-paced startup in the series B round, led by repeat founders and backed by leading VC firms like Founders Fund, Felicis, and General Catalyst.
The mission of the role
As the Head of Design and Research for Origin, your mission is to lead and inspire a team of designers and researchers to create exceptional user experiences. Your goal is to shape our financial wellness solutions' visual identity, usability, and effectiveness by leveraging user insights, fostering collaboration, and upholding high design standards. You will play a pivotal role in ensuring that the experiences we generate further our mission and drive business outcomes.
The Head of Design and Research reports to our CPO. Candidates would ideally be based out of San Francisco, though not a hard requirement.
What you'll do:
- Leadership: Lead a diverse team of designers and researchers to deliver a top-tier user experience.
- Hands-On Design: Drive design innovation from concept to launch, including prototypes and feature development.
- Collaboration: Partner with cross-functional teams to align design with business objectives and customer needs.
- Guidelines & Quality: Establish design standards, maintain consistency, and ensure high-quality deliverables.
- Feedback & Development: Mentor designers, fostering their growth, job satisfaction, and career progression.
- Staffing & Hiring: Properly allocate resources and contribute to design hiring efforts
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in UI/UX design.
- Proven management experience with the ability to lead and develop design teams.
- Strong portfolio demonstrating a commitment to high design standards.
- Excellent communication skills and a passion for user-centered design.
- Experience leading user research initiatives and integrating research findings into design strategies.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Generous base salary;
- Meaningful equity package.
Health and Wellness
- Heath Insurance;
- Life insurance;
- Wellness allowance;
- Mental health;
- Parenthood & fertility;
- Unlimited access to Origin;
- Coworking allowance;
- Work setup one-time stipend.
- Unlimited PTO;
- Parental leave;
- Flexible hours;
Fulfilling our mission is only possible with a diverse team that breathes for excellence and is hugely committed to making money simple for everyone, everywhere.
As a team, we are obsessed with delivering the best solution possible to our members through an elegant and self-guided experience. We know that building a product of this magnitude requires from us tons of creativity, autonomy, and flexibility to move fast and embrace uncertainties with ownership. This is who we daily pursue to be!
To embrace talented people like this and provide the necessary resources to achieve their best versions, we believe in the power of a healthy environment where each person is valued for who they are and have clear goals and expectations for the future they can build within the company. Each person here is seen as a key player in our team.
Our environment is diverse, with excellent people and equal opportunities. We believe in the power of the individuality and uniqueness of each of us to make our team even more powerful.
We are building an outstanding solution, and here is an invitation for you to become an Original and join us on this journey!