Oportun (Nasdaq: OPRT) is a digital banking platform that puts its 1.9 million members' financial goals within reach. With intelligent borrowing, savings, budgeting, and spending capabilities, Oportun empowers members with the confidence to build a better financial future. Since inception, Oportun has provided more than $15.5 billion in responsible and affordable credit, saved its members more than $2.3 billion in interest and fees, and helped our members save an average of more than $1,800 annually. For more information, visit Oportun.com.
WORKING AT OPORTUN
Working at Oportun means enjoying a differentiated experience of being part of a team that fosters a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where we all feel a sense of belonging and are encouraged to share our perspectives. This inclusive culture is directly connected to our organization's performance and ability to fulfill our mission of delivering affordable credit to those left out of the financial mainstream. We celebrate and nurture our inclusive culture through our employee resource groups.
- You collaborate with cross-functional teams, including product managers, designers, and other engineers, to understand business requirements and translate them into efficient and scalable software solutions.
- You design, develop, test, deploy, support and maintain high-quality software applications using industry best practices and modern technologies. You own issues, including initial troubleshooting, identification of root cause and issue resolution/escalation.(Alternatively, to address verbosity, this can be replaced with “You own your code end-to-end.”, but it may not be explicitly clear.)
- You write clean and maintainable code that adheres to industry coding standards and contributes to the overall stability of our systems. You participate in code reviews and provide constructive feedback to team members to ensure code quality and promote knowledge sharing.
- You proactively find and address technical debt, inefficient practices/tools and performance bottlenecks and bugs, continuously improving the reliability and performance of our software through building observability and other features to help trouble-shoot/triage issues.
- You demonstrate proficient usage of tools, techniques and architecture/coding patterns. You have demonstrated you are able to understand trade-offs of various architectural and design choices. Your solutions are focused on solving the needs of your customer.
- You stay up-to-date with emerging technologies and industry trends, and proactively propose and implement innovative solutions to enhance our products and services through continuous evolution and refinement of current tools and applications.
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience preferably 5 years of related experience with a Bachelor's degree.
- Proven track record of delivering high-quality software solutions in a timely manner.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills, with a passion for tackling complex technical challenges.
- Solid understanding of data structures, algorithms, and software design principles.
- Strong proficiency in Java, Micro services, Spring boot, Spring Framework, RESTful APIs, Hibernate
- Experience with relational databases like MySQL, MariaDB and SQL
- Experience in working with version control systems, such as Git.
- Thorough knowledge in OAuth2
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively in a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to work independently with minimal help.
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and apply them as and when needed
- Strong Unit and integration testing
- Experience with cloud technologies, preferably AWS or Azure, is desirable.
- Experience in working on Authentication and Authorization with any Identity Providers
- Experience in automation with Karate Framework
- Knowledge/experience in working with DevOps/CICD
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider all qualified applicants for employment opportunities without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other category protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
California applicants can find a copy of Oportun's CCPA Notice here: https://oportun.com/privacy/california-privacy-notice/.
We will never request personal identifiable information (bank, credit card, etc.) before you are hired. We do not charge you for pre-employment fees such as background checks, training, or equipment. If you think you have been a victim of fraud by someone posing as us, please report your experience to the FBI’s Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3).