Oportun (Nasdaq: OPRT) is a digital banking platform that puts its 1.9 million members' financial goals within reach. With intelligent borrowing, savings, budgeting, and spending capabilities, Oportun empowers members with the confidence to build a better financial future. Since inception, Oportun has provided more than $15.5 billion in responsible and affordable credit, saved its members more than $2.3 billion in interest and fees, and helped our members save an average of more than $1,800 annually. For more information, visit Oportun.com.
WORKING AT OPORTUN
Working at Oportun means enjoying a differentiated experience of being part of a team that fosters a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where we all feel a sense of belonging and are encouraged to share our perspectives. This inclusive culture is directly connected to our organization's performance and ability to fulfill our mission of delivering affordable credit to those left out of the financial mainstream. We celebrate and nurture our inclusive culture through our employee resource groups.
- Apply design thinking principles to rapidly create and validate design concepts that ladder into business goals and objectives.
- Partner with product managers and UX researchers to identify and define problems, concept through ideas, and create thoughtful, targeted solutions.
- Craft engaging digital experiences for our members, supporting a native app and responsive web app projects from discovery through delivery.
- Work autonomously with your product team, navigating through ambiguous problem spaces in pursuit of clarity and concrete outcomes.
- Partner with design strategy to understand member needs and design products that exceed their expectations.
- Contribute to and grow our design system, utilizing our libraries to ensure product consistency.
- Share flows, designs, and prototypes with our cross-functional partners during product reviews.
- 2-4 years of experience as a product designer creating iOS/Android and web applications
- Expertise in Figma is mandatory
- Ability to deliver impactful end-to-end solutions that solve member problems and move business metrics
- Ability to manage projects autonomously
- An advocate for customers and their needs
- Experience collaborating with product managers and engineers
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, to influence thinking and decision making
- Open to feedback, able to anticipate and address it proactively
- Gives feedback in a way people can understand and act on
- Ability to contribute to team roadmap, prioritize tasks and meet deadlines under pressure
- Ability to incorporate data in decision making to validate business solutions
- Excellent visual design skills and attention to detail
- Willingness to improve and expand your skill set
- Bonus points: Experience creating design solutions within the financial technology space
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider all qualified applicants for employment opportunities without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other category protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
California applicants can find a copy of Oportun's CCPA Notice here: https://oportun.com/privacy/california-privacy-notice/.
We will never request personal identifiable information (bank, credit card, etc.) before you are hired. We do not charge you for pre-employment fees such as background checks, training, or equipment. If you think you have been a victim of fraud by someone posing as us, please report your experience to the FBI’s Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3).