Senior Product Manager, Communications
Oportun (Nasdaq: OPRT) is a digital banking platform that puts its 1.9 million members' financial goals within reach. With intelligent borrowing, savings, budgeting, and spending capabilities, Oportun empowers members with the confidence to build a better financial future. Since inception, Oportun has provided more than $15.5 billion in responsible and affordable credit, saved its members more than $2.3 billion in interest and fees, and helped our members save an average of more than $1,800 annually. For more information, visit Oportun.com.
WORKING AT OPORTUN
Working at Oportun means enjoying a differentiated experience of being part of a team that fosters a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where we all feel a sense of belonging and are encouraged to share our perspectives. This inclusive culture is directly connected to our organization's performance and ability to fulfill our mission of delivering affordable credit to those left out of the financial mainstream. We celebrate and nurture our inclusive culture through our employee resource groups.
We are looking for a talented and creative problem solver to be a Senior Product Manager at Oportun for Communications. In this role, you will be responsible for building a robust and omnichannel communications engine that drives growth, engagement, retention, and servicing with our members. You will work closely with partner engineering organizations in data, originations, loan servicing, and savings; as well as with cross-functional partners from product, engineering, design, data, marketing, and operations.You will articulate product strategy, set objectives and key results, define roadmaps and work with the cross-functional team to deliver best-in-class solutions. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment and have a passion for building products that delight users, join Oportun and grow with one of the most innovative and progressive FinTech companies.
· Product Strategy: Work closely with leadership and cross-functional stakeholders to define product strategy and OKRs.
· Impact and Execution: Drive a cross functional team of Engineers, designers, ML scientists and business to deliver business impact for new loan growth, loan repayment rates, and operational efficiency — all core to powering business health.
· Customer-Centric Approach: Maintain a deep understanding of customer needs and feedback through user research, surveys, and feedback loops, and incorporate this insight into product enhancements.
· Data-driven decision making: Leverage data and analytics to make informed decisions, monitor product performance and continuously improve product to improve KPIs
· Product Development: Scope and lead the development of new product features that will increase the financial health of our users
· Risk Management: Work closely with compliance and risk management teams to ensure products adhere to regulatory requirements and industry best practices.
· Financial Planning: Develop and manage product budgets, forecasts, and financial models to optimize resource allocation and track financial performance.
· Communication: Effectively communicate product updates, priorities, and progress to internal stakeholders, executive leadership, and external partners.
- Any graduate with 8+ years of overall experience
- Strong track record:5+ years of product management experience in high-growth environments, with experience in the financial services industry (FinTech, challenger bank, etc.) highly preferred.
- Customer centric: You are passionate about improving the financial health of Oportun’s members.
- Analytical problem solver: You have experience working and delivering on complex problems. You excel in making data-informed decisions (testing and experimentation, defining metrics, data analysis).
- Collaborative: You have a track record of shipping and iterating on impactful products that required partnering with and building consensus across a wide group of cross-functional partners.
- Excellent communicator: You are a clear and concise communicator, and you have superb documentation skills.
- Execution: You’re scrappy, solution-oriented, and able to help the team push through obstacles and blockers to deliver value for our members.
- Domain knowledge: You ideally have prior experience with omni-channel customer communication (SMS, email, voice, push, letter) and communication platforms.
- Bonus Points: You have experience launching products within complex legal and regulatory frameworks such as Finance, experience with SQL, and experience working with a multi-national workforce.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider all qualified applicants for employment opportunities without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other category protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
California applicants can find a copy of Oportun's CCPA Notice here: https://oportun.com/privacy/california-privacy-notice/.
We will never request personal identifiable information (bank, credit card, etc.) before you are hired. We do not charge you for pre-employment fees such as background checks, training, or equipment. If you think you have been a victim of fraud by someone posing as us, please report your experience to the FBI’s Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3).