Senior Manager, Product Analytics
Oportun (Nasdaq: OPRT) is a digital banking platform that puts its 1.9 million members' financial goals within reach. With intelligent borrowing, savings, budgeting, and spending capabilities, Oportun empowers members with the confidence to build a better financial future. Since inception, Oportun has provided more than $15.5 billion in responsible and affordable credit, saved its members more than $2.3 billion in interest and fees, and helped our members save an average of more than $1,800 annually. For more information, visit Oportun.com.
WORKING AT OPORTUN
Working at Oportun means enjoying a differentiated experience of being part of a team that fosters a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where we all feel a sense of belonging and are encouraged to share our perspectives. This inclusive culture is directly connected to our organization's performance and ability to fulfill our mission of delivering affordable credit to those left out of the financial mainstream. We celebrate and nurture our inclusive culture through our employee resource groups.
The Product Analytics team is looking for a Senior Manager, Product Analytics who will play a critical role in driving the growth of our personal loans business and product strategy. Sitting at the intersection of product, risk, and business insights, the Product Analytics team plays a critical role in analyzing & optimizing new product features as well as driving the omni-channel strategy across our channels. In this role, you will leverage multiple data sources, develop a deep understanding of our various products, and practice analytical rigor in making product feature recommendations that will ultimately improve customer experience & conversion within the acquisition funnel while controlling for risk & fraud. The right candidate for this role will demonstrate a high level of curiosity, a fierce dedication to accuracy & excellence, and a strong knack for solving complex problems with innovative & simple solutions that challenge the status quo. This highly visible role is an exciting opportunity in a fast-paced organization where your contributions will drive meaningful impact on broadening access to Oportun’s affordable and credit building loans.
1. Data Analysis: Perform in-depth data analysis to identify trends, opportunities, and areas for improvement related to Oportun’s financial products.
2. Market Research: Stay updated on industry trends and customer needs, providing insights and recommendations for product enhancements.
3. Product Development: Collaborate with product managers, engineers, and designers to contribute to the development and improvement of financial products.
4. A/B Testing: Plan, execute, and analyze A/B tests to evaluate the performance of product changes and optimize features.
5. Customer Insights: Leverage customer feedback, surveys, and research to understand user behavior, preferences, and pain points.
6. Reporting: Create and maintain detailed reports and dashboards to track product performance and KPIs.
7. Competitive Analysis: Analyze competitors’ products and strategies to identify opportunities for Oportun’s product differentiation.
8. Cross-Functional Collaboration: Work closely with various teams, including marketing, compliance, and operations, to align product strategies with business goals.
9. Documentation: Document findings, insights, and recommendations for product enhancements and communicate them effectively to stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (e.g., Business, Economics, Statistics, Data Science).
- 8+ years of experience working as a business/product analyst.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to use data to drive strategic decision-making.
- Proficiency in data analysis tools and languages (e.g., SQL, Python, R) and data visualization tools (e.g., Tableau, Domo, Power BI).
- Excellent communication and presentation skills to convey complex data insights to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to work collaboratively in a cross-functional team environment.
- Knowledge of A/B testing and user experience (UX) principles is a plus.
- Familiarity with financial products and services is a huge plus.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider all qualified applicants for employment opportunities without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other category protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
California applicants can find a copy of Oportun's CCPA Notice here: https://oportun.com/privacy/california-privacy-notice/.
We will never request personal identifiable information (bank, credit card, etc.) before you are hired. We do not charge you for pre-employment fees such as background checks, training, or equipment. If you think you have been a victim of fraud by someone posing as us, please report your experience to the FBI’s Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3).