Sr. Product Manager
Oportun (Nasdaq: OPRT) is a digital banking platform that puts its 1.9 million members' financial goals within reach. With intelligent borrowing, savings, budgeting, and spending capabilities, Oportun empowers members with the confidence to build a better financial future. Since inception, Oportun has provided more than $15.5 billion in responsible and affordable credit, saved its members more than $2.3 billion in interest and fees, and helped our members save an average of more than $1,800 annually. For more information, visit Oportun.com.
WORKING AT OPORTUN
Working at Oportun means enjoying a differentiated experience of being part of a team that fosters a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where we all feel a sense of belonging and are encouraged to share our perspectives. This inclusive culture is directly connected to our organization's performance and ability to fulfill our mission of delivering affordable credit to those left out of the financial mainstream. We celebrate and nurture our inclusive culture through our employee resource groups.
Our Product leadership team is looking for an innovative Senior Product Manager who will collaborate with multidisciplinary teams to take on our toughest business challenges and define compelling solutions for our customers. You will partner with key business stakeholders to drive the product vision for the next generation of Oportun’s payment solutions as we strive to create an automated end-to-end, omni-channel post-disbursement customer journey.
- A key member of our Product team, you’ll be an important link to our business stakeholders with whom you will work closely to define the product vision, customer journeys, roadmap, perform research (user and competitive), specify requirements and create detailed specifications.
- You have experience in and a point-of-view on innovative, automated payment solutions and systems (and their integration into the broader ecosystem) and will be a thought partner with our cross-functional teams to drive change and business results.
- Drive user experience and value proposition for the consumer to determine how payment solutions integrate with Oportun’s other products and services.
- You are someone engineers will love to work with because you are curious, listen, and are technical enough to speak their language, understand how to design requirements that solve the business need while balancing the complexity of the technical solution. You are their partner to get things done.
- You are someone the business owners will love because you understand how to break apart something very complex into logical, understandable, and sequenced parts of a roadmap and gain buy-in as needed. You also listen to the business need and demonstrate product and thought leadership to provide solution options.
- You seek data and customer input to understand challenges we need to solve and measure the performance and impact of our products. You create dashboards, identify metrics, seek customer feedback in order to drive performance measurement, roadmaps, etc.
- You are comfortable navigating through ambiguous problem spaces in pursuit of clarity and concrete outcome.
- 5+ years of Product Management experience with a Bachelor’s Degree, with experience designing innovative solutions in the financial services industry highly preferred.
- Experience with payment systems and third-party payment partners
- Working knowledge of loan servicing processes and procedures. Understanding of servicing multiple products across systems.
- Experience working with business executives from many disciplines (compliance, risk, operations, fraud, technology, business intelligence, finance, training, legal, cybersecurity, etc.) to understand the need, define features, and prioritize and manage scope to operate in an iterative agile delivery framework.
- Experience with dynamic content delivery, systems supporting both end users and internal agent facing systems and with delivering both online and within the enterprise.
- Experience supporting a global workforce and multi-cultured end user base.
- Understanding of modern architecture design principles and technologies in order to work with developers on the design and build of features.
- Experience with innovative servicing strategies, technologies, and processes that specialize in underbanked customer segments.
- Experience working in loan servicing at a progressive financial institution or fintech.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider all qualified applicants for employment opportunities without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other category protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
California applicants can find a copy of Oportun's CCPA Notice here: https://oportun.com/privacy/california-privacy-notice/.
We will never request personal identifiable information (bank, credit card, etc.) before you are hired. We do not charge you for pre-employment fees such as background checks, training, or equipment. If you think you have been a victim of fraud by someone posing as us, please report your experience to the FBI’s Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3).