Oportun (Nasdaq: OPRT) is a digital banking platform that puts its 1.9 million members' financial goals within reach. With intelligent borrowing, savings, budgeting, and spending capabilities, Oportun empowers members with the confidence to build a better financial future. Since inception, Oportun has provided more than $15.5 billion in responsible and affordable credit, saved its members more than $2.3 billion in interest and fees, and helped our members save an average of more than $1,800 annually. For more information, visit Oportun.com.
WORKING AT OPORTUN
Working at Oportun means enjoying a differentiated experience of being part of a team that fosters a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where we all feel a sense of belonging and are encouraged to share our perspectives. This inclusive culture is directly connected to our organization's performance and ability to fulfill our mission of delivering affordable credit to those left out of the financial mainstream. We celebrate and nurture our inclusive culture through our employee resource groups.
Oportun (formerly Progreso Financiero) is a mission-driven, financial services company that uses advanced data analytics to provide responsible credit to underserved Hispanic communities. Headquartered in Redwood City, California, the company was founded in 2005 and made its first loan in 2006. Oportun’s technology determines every applicant’s ability to repay, including those who do not have credit, and enables back-office efficiency. The company delivers a very supportive and welcoming service experience with bilingual staff across channels and operates more than 175+ locations in CA, IL, NV, UT, and TX.In recognition of Oportun’s primary goals of increasing economic opportunity for its clients, promoting community development, and serving low-income or underserved communities, Oportun was certified by the United States Department of Treasury as a Community Development Financial Institution in November 2009 and was recertified in October 2013.
The market opportunity for Oportun is large and growing, with an estimated 25 million Hispanics in the U.S. who are underserved by mainstream financing institutions, mainly due to a lack of established credit files, credit scores, and relevant products.
Since its founding in 2005, the company has made more than 1,000,000 loans, disbursing over $1.5 billion largely to underserved Hispanic individuals. We strongly believe in building a great business while also achieving social good and seek to hire people who share our values.
- Design of reporting of results, management indicators, operational and strategic. Plan and execute the study of improvements within different teams.
- Develop strategies collection, extraction, analysis, and communication of information of the company at different levels of decision. (company / executive / operations)
- Participate in monitoring and measuring the satisfaction of the need for information internal and external users
- Develop and implement solutions for the analysis of information concerning the company.
- Establish audit activities issued to the product for different operations.
- Generate and present relevant information that contributes to the development of services provided by the company
- Assist management and / or creation of key risk identification and controls information and associated processes information.
ADDITIONAL COMMENTS performs special projects and additional duties and responsibilities as required. Where applicable and when performing the responsibilities of the job
Required SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Conceptual and practical thinking and implementation skills.
- Broad knowledge of, and the ability to write and apply advanced business analysis concepts, practices and procedures related to assigned area.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; good negotiation skills
- Detail oriented
- Ability to grasp new concepts and ideas quickly.
- Computer literate with advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office 365 applications including Excel, Outlook, SharePoint, Power Automate, SQL and applications utilized in the assigned line of business.
- High sense of urgency and focus to the assigned functions.
- High orientation to satisfaction internal and external customer
- Power BI and Python knowledge desired
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider all qualified applicants for employment opportunities without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other category protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
California applicants can find a copy of Oportun's CCPA Notice here: https://oportun.com/privacy/california-privacy-notice/.
We will never request personal identifiable information (bank, credit card, etc.) before you are hired. We do not charge you for pre-employment fees such as background checks, training, or equipment. If you think you have been a victim of fraud by someone posing as us, please report your experience to the FBI’s Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3).