Oportun (Nasdaq: OPRT) is a digital banking platform that puts its 1.9 million members' financial goals within reach. With intelligent borrowing, savings, budgeting, and spending capabilities, Oportun empowers members with the confidence to build a better financial future. Since inception, Oportun has provided more than $15.5 billion in responsible and affordable credit, saved its members more than $2.3 billion in interest and fees, and helped our members save an average of more than $1,800 annually. For more information, visit Oportun.com.
WORKING AT OPORTUN
Working at Oportun means enjoying a differentiated experience of being part of a team that fosters a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where we all feel a sense of belonging and are encouraged to share our perspectives. This inclusive culture is directly connected to our organization's performance and ability to fulfill our mission of delivering affordable credit to those left out of the financial mainstream. We celebrate and nurture our inclusive culture through our employee resource groups.
- Advise business in implementation of regulatory obligations in new and evolving lending, savings and investing products, operational systems and consumer interactions
- Manage complex regulator obligations and timing, including providing ongoing tracking and coordination of time-sensitive deliverables
- Perform compliance monitoring and testing activities
- Provide direction and guidance to first line partners regarding applicable laws, rules and regulations and enterprise standards to address compliance risk of the organization, primarily focused on consumer lending, saving and investing products
- Oversee and provide credible challenge/assessment of the business with respect to managing and mitigating compliance risk
- Coordinate across all areas of the organization to ensure regulatory obligations are embedded in new and enhanced products, manual and system controls, and new system functionality
- Partner with risk partners to facilitate the success of the enterprise risk management function
- Identify and appropriately escalation of risk/issues and drive remediation as appropriate
- Direct targeted risk assessments, implementation of regulatory changes, third party assessments, issue management, monitoring and reporting
- Assist in developing reporting to executive committees and regulatory agencies regarding the status of the compliance program as well as any matters requiring Board attention.
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent education and related training
- 3-5+ years of financial industry experience, including compliance/risk management
- Substantial broad-based knowledge and experience in applying consumer laws and regulations, designing, managing, and overseeing compliance programs and processes and handling regulatory matters
- Demonstrated proficiency in basic computer applications, such as Microsoft Office software products; knowledge and experience using and designing processes, taxonomies and hierarchies in MetricStream or similar GRC tools
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, as job will require extensive interaction with various business units among multiple disciplines including Senior and Executive Management
- Ability to communicate and work with various regulatory agencies
- Attention to detail, accuracy, and the ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines
- Strong analytical, organizational and time management skills
- Solid understanding of risk management processes and risk analysis
- Expert knowledge of broad-based consumer compliance regulations (ECOA, UDAAP, TCPA, FCRA, TILA, CAN SPAM, TCPA, FDCPA, TSR etc.)
- Ability to shift focus to high-risk compliance areas as they change over time
- Ability to think horizontally across compliance and other risk programs to leverage existing processes, avoid duplication and work with other risk disciplines to provide a holistic view of risk
- Fluency in Spanish
- CRCM or other equivalent professional certifications
- Experience with deposit accounts, SEC rules, FINRA, and Investment Advisers Act requirements
"The US base salary range for this full-time position is $81,800 - $130,900.
Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects a national minimum and maximum range for new hire salaries for this position. Within this range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, such as job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range that meets your criteria during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation range listed in this posting reflects only the base salary for this position and does not include other compensation elements or benefits.”
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider all qualified applicants for employment opportunities without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other category protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
California applicants can find a copy of Oportun's CCPA Notice here: https://oportun.com/privacy/california-privacy-notice/.
We will never request personal identifiable information (bank, credit card, etc.) before you are hired. We do not charge you for pre-employment fees such as background checks, training, or equipment. If you think you have been a victim of fraud by someone posing as us, please report your experience to the FBI’s Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3).