Sr Specialist Security Intelligence
Oportun (Nasdaq: OPRT) is a digital banking platform that puts its 1.9 million members' financial goals within reach. With intelligent borrowing, savings, budgeting, and spending capabilities, Oportun empowers members with the confidence to build a better financial future. Since inception, Oportun has provided more than $15.5 billion in responsible and affordable credit, saved its members more than $2.3 billion in interest and fees, and helped our members save an average of more than $1,800 annually. For more information, visit Oportun.com.
WORKING AT OPORTUN
Working at Oportun means enjoying a differentiated experience of being part of a team that fosters a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where we all feel a sense of belonging and are encouraged to share our perspectives. This inclusive culture is directly connected to our organization's performance and ability to fulfill our mission of delivering affordable credit to those left out of the financial mainstream. We celebrate and nurture our inclusive culture through our employee resource groups.
The purpose of this position is to organize and analyze data from several internal and external sources to identify threats and risks to Oportun. By analyzing past incidents, reporting on current trends, and seeking vulnerabilities on an ongoing basis. The Analyst must be able to incorporate their analysis to existing or recommend and/or create new security measures to counter security threats/risks, The Analyst will also gather, review, and analyze internal and external security incidents to help drive investigations program and process improvements.
The Threat Management and Investigations Analyst will be instrumental in evaluating and assessing processes and protocols to identify gaps and potential risks to the organization, its employees, and assets. Support the development and delivery of security training content and be able to complete complex investigations. The Analyst will complete regular reporting, managing, and tracking of gaps and risks found during investigations. A key responsibility of the team and Analyst will be to make recommendations for improvements, changes, new controls based on gap analyses.
The ideal candidate will have analytical skills, an inquisitive mindset, someone who enjoys problem solving , effective interpersonal and collaboration skills. Investigations Analyst reports directly to Investigations Manager.
- Assist Investigations manager in organizing and analyzing data sets.
- Create exception-based reports and/or dashboards.
- Perform internal audits on an ongoing basis and as needed.
- Analyze business vulnerabilities to identify root cause issues.
- Help develop and analyze threat intelligence data.
- Drive threat intelligence data gathering around travel safety and Security.
- Have a basic understanding of OSINT investigative resources.
- Support the business’ bottom line through mitigating potential losses.
- Update investigations policies and processes as needed.
- Track Investigations
- Assist in the execution of investigations.
- Tracking of team efforts through project management tools
- Generates and maintains metrics dashboards and reports.
- Generates and updates data analytics and dashboards on a regular basis.
- 5 years of proven experience within investigations, security operator, or similar position
- Proficient user of MS Office (MS Excel in particular)
- Proficient user of Power BI
- Proficiency generating incident and intelligence reports.
- Experience with exception-based reporting systems
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to solve complex and ambiguous problems.
- Ability to create reports and spreadsheets.
- Fluent in English and Spanish
- Must pass pre-employment background check.
- Ability to work independently while also being a team player.
- Investigative interview training and experience desired
- Security certification by an internationally recognized organization is a plus.
- Have a basic understanding of Investigative processes and frameworks.
- Have an understanding or experience in Insider Threat programs
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider all qualified applicants for employment opportunities without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other category protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
California applicants can find a copy of Oportun's CCPA Notice here: https://oportun.com/privacy/california-privacy-notice/.
We will never request personal identifiable information (bank, credit card, etc.) before you are hired. We do not charge you for pre-employment fees such as background checks, training, or equipment. If you think you have been a victim of fraud by someone posing as us, please report your experience to the FBI’s Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3).