Sr. Manager, Capital Markets
Oportun (Nasdaq: OPRT) is a digital banking platform that puts its 1.9 million members' financial goals within reach. With intelligent borrowing, savings, budgeting, and spending capabilities, Oportun empowers members with the confidence to build a better financial future. Since inception, Oportun has provided more than $15.5 billion in responsible and affordable credit, saved its members more than $2.3 billion in interest and fees, and helped our members save an average of more than $1,800 annually. For more information, visit Oportun.com.
WORKING AT OPORTUN
Working at Oportun means enjoying a differentiated experience of being part of a team that fosters a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where we all feel a sense of belonging and are encouraged to share our perspectives. This inclusive culture is directly connected to our organization's performance and ability to fulfill our mission of delivering affordable credit to those left out of the financial mainstream. We celebrate and nurture our inclusive culture through our employee resource groups.
The Sr. Manager, Capital Markets & Treasury is responsible for managing the reporting and covenant monitoring for existing funding facilities; analyzing and optimizing liquidity, capital planning and funding strategies; structuring and executing securitizations, warehouse financings and whole loan sale transactions; and managing a broad array of external capital markets relationships.
- Support whole loan sales activities, including contract negotiations, management of existing programs and investor relationships
- Execution of asset-backed securitizations, warehouse lines of credit and other debt financings, and loan sale transactions
- Participate in development of the company’s funding plans and new funding channels
- Perform cash flow modeling, deal structuring, and scenario analysis for capital planning
- Interact with lenders, investors, rating agencies and other transaction parties
- Perform liquidity forecasting and cash management
- Analyze and implement interest rate hedges
- Manage transaction reporting
- Provide capital markets coverage for financial forecasting, financial reporting, accounting, audit and compliance activities
- Bachelor’s degree plus 6+ years’ experience in capital markets, investment banking or investment management (or Master’s degree and equivalent combination of education and experience)
- Securitization experience with strong cash flow modeling and portfolio valuation skills
- Proven track record of managing deal flow and third-party relationships
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and highly dynamic business environment
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills
- Results-oriented team player with a strong work ethic and attention to detail
- Excellent MS Excel skills. Ability to write data queries a plus.
"The US base salary range for this full-time position is $103,800 - $166,100.
Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects a national minimum and maximum range for new hire salaries for this position. Within this range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, such as job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range that meets your criteria during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation range listed in this posting reflects only the base salary for this position and does not include other compensation elements or benefits.”
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider all qualified applicants for employment opportunities without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other category protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
California applicants can find a copy of Oportun's CCPA Notice here: https://oportun.com/privacy/california-privacy-notice/.
We will never request personal identifiable information (bank, credit card, etc.) before you are hired. We do not charge you for pre-employment fees such as background checks, training, or equipment. If you think you have been a victim of fraud by someone posing as us, please report your experience to the FBI’s Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3).