Network Security Engineer
Oportun (Nasdaq: OPRT) is a digital banking platform that puts its 1.9 million members' financial goals within reach. With intelligent borrowing, savings, budgeting, and spending capabilities, Oportun empowers members with the confidence to build a better financial future. Since inception, Oportun has provided more than $15.5 billion in responsible and affordable credit, saved its members more than $2.3 billion in interest and fees, and helped our members save an average of more than $1,800 annually. For more information, visit Oportun.com.
WORKING AT OPORTUN
Working at Oportun means enjoying a differentiated experience of being part of a team that fosters a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where we all feel a sense of belonging and are encouraged to share our perspectives. This inclusive culture is directly connected to our organization's performance and ability to fulfill our mission of delivering affordable credit to those left out of the financial mainstream. We celebrate and nurture our inclusive culture through our employee resource groups.
The Network Security Engineer will provide advanced level services focusing on deploying and supporting network security technologies including Palo Alto firewalls, SentinelOne and Zscaler solutions.
- As a Network Security Engineer, you will be responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining network security solutions with a focus on Zscaler, Palo Alto Network, SentinelOne, Cisco, and Velocloud technologies.
- You will be responsible for providing technical leadership within a team of Network Security Engineers providing technical guidance and expertise to ensure that our client's network infrastructure is secure, and that all systems and applications are protected from unauthorized access and data breaches.
- You will work with other IT leaders to develop and implement security strategies and policies, and to ensure that all security-related incidents are addressed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Conduct security audits and vulnerability assessments to identify and mitigate risks.
- Monitor network traffic for security breaches and respond to security incidents as needed.
- Maintain documentation of security policies, procedures, and configurations.
- Keep up to date with the latest security trends and technologies.
- Develop and maintain relationships with security vendors and service providers.
- Strong experience with Zscaler, Palo Alto Network, SentinelOne, Cisco, and Velocloud technologies.
- Experience with firewall administration, intrusion detection and prevention, and VPN technologies.
- Strong knowledge of TCP/IP, routing, switching, and other networking protocols.
- Industry certifications such as PCNSE, CISSP or CCNA/CCNP Security.
- Experience with cloud security technologies such as AWS and/or Azure.
- Experience with network micro-segmentation.
- Experience with Zero Trust security framework.
- Experience with Authentication technologies including Multi-Factor Authentication, PKI, SSO.
- Experience with scripting/automation languages such as Terraform, Python, Perl, or Bash.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Highly Desired Experience:
- Advanced knowledge on Palo Alto Network firewalls and management tools such as Panorama.
- Advance knowledge on SentinelOne XDR/EDR/EPP solution.
- Advance knowledge on Onna eDiscovery solution.
- Solid experience in deploying Zero Trust frameworks.
- Solid experience in administering and owning responsibility for the Zscaler ZIA, ZPA and ZDX platforms, including policy configuration, user management, and discerning the root cause of the problem.
- In-depth understanding of network protocols, routing, firewall concepts, and security standard methodologies.
- Knowledge of SSL/TLS inspection, web proxy, VPN, and authentication protocols (e.g., SAML, LDAP, OAuth).
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to identify, diagnose, and resolve complex technical issues.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate effectively with team members and clients.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider all qualified applicants for employment opportunities without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other category protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
California applicants can find a copy of Oportun's CCPA Notice here: https://oportun.com/privacy/california-privacy-notice/.
We will never request personal identifiable information (bank, credit card, etc.) before you are hired. We do not charge you for pre-employment fees such as background checks, training, or equipment. If you think you have been a victim of fraud by someone posing as us, please report your experience to the FBI’s Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3).