Director of Facilities Operations
Oportun (Nasdaq: OPRT) is a digital banking platform that puts its 1.9 million members' financial goals within reach. With intelligent borrowing, savings, budgeting, and spending capabilities, Oportun empowers members with the confidence to build a better financial future. Since inception, Oportun has provided more than $15.5 billion in responsible and affordable credit, saved its members more than $2.3 billion in interest and fees, and helped our members save an average of more than $1,800 annually. For more information, visit Oportun.com.
WORKING AT OPORTUN
Working at Oportun means enjoying a differentiated experience of being part of a team that fosters a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where we all feel a sense of belonging and are encouraged to share our perspectives. This inclusive culture is directly connected to our organization's performance and ability to fulfill our mission of delivering affordable credit to those left out of the financial mainstream. We celebrate and nurture our inclusive culture through our employee resource groups.
The Director of Facility Operations will be responsible for the end-to-end physical management of Retail Stores and US Corporate offices. This includes responsibility for all aspects of Real Estate, Construction and Facilities management including Vendor and Budget management. The Director will also be responsible for the scaling of the company footprint, capital projects and
insuring, through partnership with multiple departments, that all locations have a safe and effective workspace.
- Lead Real Estate team to ensure leases are executed with Oportun’s best interests and compliance in mind.
- Oversee expirations and renewals to best leverage footprint decisions.
- Manage Landlord relations including rent and CAM review.
- Ensure that all locations are compliant with proper business licenses, OSHA and ADA compliance and any other compliance related initiatives.
- Lead Construction and Facilities team to ensure locations are operating at an optimal efficiency level and in budget.
- Oversee Outside Services, Planned and Unplanned Maintenance and Remodel activities including determination of needs, budgets, planning and implementations.
- Negotiate with Vendors and manage ongoing critical relationships and escalations.
- Lead the Optimization initiatives to assure the company has the correct number of locations in the best areas and are performing to the levels demanded. Direct the opening, relocation and closing processes for all store or office projects as they arise.
- Manage to an overall store budget as well as manage a capital expenditure allocation across full US footprint.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in facilities management and maintenance, or equivalent experience.
- Have successfully managed multiple vendors across multiple disciplines (Real Estate, Construction, Facilities Management, etc.). Experience should include Sourcing, RFP processes, Scope of Work creation, Service Level Agreement, Budgeting and Oversight.
- Proven track record of leadership and management of both exempt and non-exempt employees across multiple geographies.
- Proven track record in project management skills and managing complex projects.
- Excellent communication skills (written and spoken), ability to adapt self and manage teams through change.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $140,600 - $225,000.
Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects a national minimum and maximum range for new hire salaries for this position. Within this range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, such as job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range that meets your criteria during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation range listed in this posting reflects only the base salary for this position and does not include other compensation elements or benefits.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider all qualified applicants for employment opportunities without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other category protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
California applicants can find a copy of Oportun's CCPA Notice here: https://oportun.com/privacy/california-privacy-notice/.
We will never request personal identifiable information (bank, credit card, etc.) before you are hired. We do not charge you for pre-employment fees such as background checks, training, or equipment. If you think you have been a victim of fraud by someone posing as us, please report your experience to the FBI’s Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3).
Something looks off?