Payor Account Executive
Sales & Business Development
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Thursday, January 11, 2024
Are you looking for a role in a company that's solving one of the greatest challenges of our lifetime? Ophelia helps people end their opioid use and restore their quality of life with respect for their time and dignity. Our mission is to make evidence-based treatments for opioid use disorder (OUD) accessible to everyone... and we're looking to bring more people onto our team to help us achieve it.
Ophelia is a venture-backed, healthcare startup that helps individuals with OUD by providing FDA-approved medication and clinical care through a telehealth platform. Our approach is discreet, convenient, and affordable. We've been successfully operating in 14 states for almost four years and we're excited to continue our growth. We are a team of doctors, scientists, startup veterans, and White House advisors, backed by leading technology and healthcare investors working to re-imagine and re-build OUD treatment in America.
Ophelia is seeking a Payor Account Executive to drive revenue growth through payor relationships in the mid-Atlantic region.
Ophelia is a remote-first organization, but the ideal candidate will be located in an easily-accessible part of New York, Pennsylvania, or New Jersey in order to be readily available to meet with payors in person as applicable and/or attend relevant industry events.
We’re looking for a motivated, persistent, business development-minded individual who can build relationships with payors, from initial outreach and articulation of Ophelia’s value proposition through contract negotiation and finalization. This person will also be responsible for maintaining and building upon relationships with payors post-contracting in order to drive payor-led growth through initiatives such as building referral partnerships and collaborative marketing initiatives.
The successful candidate will have experience in payor-facing business development, contracting, and relationship management, preferably in the mid-Atlantic region. This experience should include pre-existing relationships with at least several payors in the mid-Atlantic region and/or nationally.
The Account Executive will report to the Chief Commercial Officer, and be part of a cross-functional team working to drive payor-led revenue and membership growth.
Responsibilities and Example Outcomes
- Partner with Chief Commercial Officer to develop payor contracting strategy for priority growth markets
- Leverage contacts and market knowledge to proactively reach out to payors to build relationships and initiate contracting discussions
- Lead contract negotiations with payors, which includes coordinating with departments internal to Ophelia such as finance and clinical operations
- Complete contracting (including redlining and negotiating terms and conditions)
- Main and build upon relationships with existing payor partners to deepen level of collaboration over time
Skills and Experience
- 10 years experience with the following components:
- 5+ years selling into and negotiating with payors, with pre-existing relationships that can be drawn upon
- 3+ years working with managed care contracts
- 2+ years in other applicable roles either within a payor, or with a health system or large provider that contracted with health plans (clinical operations, finance, etc.)
- Track record of driving revenue growth through contracting
- Strong leadership abilities, including influencing others to action through trust-based relationship building, thought leadership, candid communication, and a results-oriented approach
- Strategic thinker
- Expertise in managed care legal constructs and documentation
- Ideally, experience with value based care constructs
Interested in learning more about Ophelia and this role? Apply below!