Senior Director, Business Development
Sales & Business Development
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Thursday, January 11, 2024
Are you looking for a role in a company that's solving one of the greatest challenges of our lifetime? Ophelia helps people end their opioid use and restore their quality of life with respect for their time and dignity. Our mission is to make evidence-based treatments for opioid use disorder (OUD) accessible to everyone... and we're looking to bring more people onto our team to help us achieve it.
Ophelia is a venture-backed, healthcare startup that helps individuals with OUD by providing FDA-approved medication and clinical care through a telehealth platform. Our approach is discreet, convenient, and affordable. We've been successfully operating in 14 states for almost four years and we're excited to continue our growth. We are a team of doctors, scientists, startup veterans, and White House advisors, backed by leading technology and healthcare investors working to re-imagine and re-build OUD treatment in America.
Ophelia is seeking a Senior Director of Business Development to drive revenue growth through payor and provider referral relationships.
We’re looking for a motivated, persistent, mission-oriented and sales-driven individual to build key relationships with payors and clinical organizations across the addiction treatment landscape (health systems, FQHCs, rehab facilities) in the mid-Atlantic region (NY, NJ, PA) and ultimately, beyond.
The role will be responsible for initial outreach and articulation of Ophelia’s value proposition all the way through contract negotiation and finalization, as well as supporting brand development work and collaborative marketing initiatives.
The successful candidate will have experience in payor-facing business development, contracting, and relationship management in the mid-Atlantic region. This experience should include pre-existing relationships with several payors and clinical facilities (health systems, FQHCs, outpatient rehabs, primary care, etc) in the mid-Atlantic region and/or nationally.
This role will report to the Chief Commercial Officer, and be part of a cross-functional team working to drive payor-led revenue and membership growth.
Ophelia is a remote-first organization, but the ideal candidate will be located in an easily-accessible part of NY, PA, or NJ in order to be readily available to meet with partners in person as applicable and/or attend relevant industry events.
Responsibilities and Example Outcomes:
- Partner with Chief Commercial Officer to develop payor contracting strategy for priority growth markets
- Leverage contacts and market knowledge to proactively reach out to payors to build relationships and initiate contracting discussions
- Lead contract negotiations with payors, which includes coordinating with departments internal to Ophelia such as finance and clinical operations
- Complete contracting (including redlining and negotiating terms and conditions)
- Take ownership of being the “face” of Ophelia in potential partnership meetings, able to speak to Ophelia’s value proposition, clinical model, and approach to partnerships
- Conduct field sales and develop a structure to scale
- Develop strategies for product market fit, outreach to potential partners, and conduct initial outreach
- Develop strategy for and support local industry events in priority growth markets (conferences, etc.)
- Support creation of a marketing B2B campaign: including LinkedIn/CRM/ Conferences
- Work with partners and internal Ophelia team to put contracts in place to support external partnerships (as applicable)
- Guide and oversee efforts associated with market research/analysis
- 10 years experience with the following components:
- 5+ years selling into and negotiating with payors, with pre-existing relationships that can be drawn upon
- 3+ years working with managed care contracts
- 3+ years in B2B sales and brand building (marketing a brand, connecting with intended audiences, and promoting products, going to events, representing the organization); and
- 3+ years working with organizations serving Medicaid and / our SUD populations
- 2+ years in other applicable roles either within a payor, or with a health system or large provider that contracted with health plans (clinical operations, finance, etc.)
- Track record of driving revenue growth through contracting, proven ability to execute
- Strong leadership abilities, including influencing others to action through trust-based relationship building, thought leadership, candid communication, and a results-oriented approach
- Strategic thinker; able to conduct market research and use results of research to formulate a strategy
- Expertise in managed care legal constructs and documentation
- Ideally, experience with value based care constructs
- Effective communication, both verbal and written
Interested in learning more about Ophelia and this role? Apply below!