Technical Product Manager
Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Saturday, November 11, 2023
OM1 is on a mission to improve health outcomes by unlocking the power of data. We are a healthcare data and technology company focused on real world clinical data and outcomes, accelerating medical research and personalizing healthcare. Our interdisciplinary team uses expertise in medicine, software, Big Data, machine learning, public health and mathematics to transform records from a diverse set of sources into enriched, research grade data which allows us to generate unique insights in a variety of disease areas.
As a Technical Product Manager, you will lead a portfolio of technical projects by working directly with product and engineering daily. By leveraging a deep knowledge and experience of the market and product development, you will partner closely with product leadership and their go-to-market counterparts to execute on the product roadmap in alignment with OM1 product development frameworks. You will guide collaboration across all phases of product creation — discovery, development, and launch — and also work with team members in partnering organizations.
A successful candidate will have the right balance of software engineering, technical product management, project management, and technical knowledge to successfully deliver complex and innovative offerings in a fast-paced environment. We are looking for an individual with a proven track record of delivering software products with complexity at scale while meeting business objectives. Someone self-motivated, who can grasp new technical concepts quickly and adapt to change, while also being an effective liaison between engineering groups, internal stakeholders and external customers.
What You'll Do at OM1
- Responsible for defining the product vision and strategy, including identifying target markets and customer needs, and determining product positioning
- Develop and communicate product roadmaps, track progress, and report on operational metrics related to all products under your ownership
- Work with stakeholders to gather and prioritize product requirements, including features, functionality, and design
- Manage the product development process by coordinating with cross-functional teams, setting deadlines and timelines, and ensuring the product is delivered on time and within budget
- Provide story definition, rough mocks as needed, acceptance criteria, providing clarifications necessary to assist the team with story estimates, sequencing, and team objectives
- Responsible for launching the product, including coordinating with marketing and sales teams, creating marketing materials, and ensuring that the product is successfully launched to the market
- Monitor the product's performance post-launch, including gathering feedback from customers, monitoring usage data, and making necessary adjustments to the product.
- Drive alignment on high-level initiatives and timelines with stakeholders
- Partner with Engineering Lead to own portions of the Agile/Scrum ceremonies
- Lead cross-functional implementation teams to drive success in collaboration with client leaders and key stakeholders toward common goals
What Experience You'll Bring
- Proven experience leading and partnering with engineering teams to solve complex technical challenges
- Experience managing data products or services that support life sciences organizations General knowledge of epidemiology, health economics, statistics, data science, medical informatics, database management or software development
- Ability to define and manage complex process and/or product initiativesUnderstanding of HIPAA and patient de-identification requirements
- Ability to break down complex product requirements into actionable user stories and make time vs. complexity tradeoffs guided by our overall product strategy
- Self-motivated with an ownership mentality and ability to motivate othersExcellent project management, prioritization and decision making skills
- Experience working with big data, healthcare data and/or analytics solutions preferred
- Thrives in highly collaborative projects, effective at building consensus and handles high stakes decisions with the ability to cut through ambiguity
- Collaborates across all phases (discovery, development, and launch) of the engineering project using a breadth of technical knowledge and experienceEvaluates technical risks and takes action to minimize the risks assessed
- Strong communication/presentation skills, with the ability to explain new technical concepts and convey the reasons for technical product decisions to both technical and non-technical partners
- Able to collaborate with team members distributed globally in different time zones
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, product management, technical or scientific discipline, or equivalent experience
- 4-7 years of proven experience leading technical projects or programs, including large, cross-functional platform / SaaS initiatives
- 2-4 years of experience building, operating, and deploying highly scalable internal/shared service applications
- Prior people management experience is beneficial, but not required
- Jira administration and workflow management experience is beneficial, but not required
If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
OM1 is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, race, veteran or disability status. At OM1 ensuring that people feel respected, valued, and included is essential to our success. We are committed to working together to provide a work environment that embraces the principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion.