Senior Director/Director, Head of Commercial Strategy
Sales & Business Development
Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Thursday, November 2, 2023
OM1 is on a mission to improve health outcomes by unlocking the power of data. We are a healthcare data and technology company focused on real world clinical data and outcomes, accelerating medical research and personalizing healthcare. Our interdisciplinary team uses expertise in medicine, software, Big Data, machine learning, public health and mathematics to transform records from a diverse set of sources into enriched, research grade data which allows us to generate unique insights in a variety of disease areas.
As we embark on our next phase of hypergrowth, OM1 is actively seeking an accomplished Senior Director of Commercial Strategy. This pivotal role will spearhead the formation and execution of OM1's commercial strategy, orchestrating efforts to maximize client value and sustain our market leadership. Reporting directly to the CCO, the Senior Director, Head of Commercial strategy will define and refine the commercial strategy and inform product roadmaps while cultivating collaboration across the company, working closely with subject matter experts, product leaders, and therapeutic franchise leaders. This role is integral to our future, offering the unique opportunity to mold a commercial strategy team and optimize external vendors to achieve our ambitious business objectives.
Reports directly to the Chief Commercial Officer.
What You'll Do at OM1
- Strategic Leadership: Design and implement the overarching OM1 commercial strategy, ensuring alignment with our broader business vision. Lead the development and implementation of OM1 commercial strategy, aligning with the overall business plan and vision driving the development and execution of go to market strategy informing the roadmaps for services, products, and solutions while taking into consideration client needs, current competitive positioning, and market dynamics. Develop Go-to-market strategies by targeted segmentation under the broader segmentations of Pharma/Biotech/Diagnostics for strategic and emerging accounts, Alliances & Partnerships, Providers, and Patients.
- Tactical Leadership: Translate strategies into tactical delivery plans and, working with various internal teams, monitor execution of the plan to drive desired results. Guide intelligence gathering function for accounts with BDs, ensuring that pipelines are rigorously evaluated for against OM1 core products for messaging and solutions matching; review bd decks for specific clients to ensure that these messages and tailored to the specific participants based on segment and brands/products and where OM1 has the unique difference. Similarly, review proposals to match specific customer needs and appropriate recommendation of solutions.
- Unique Value Proposition Development: Develop in collaboration with multiple stakeholders the unique value proposition for the company, the unique value propositions for all services, products, and solutions.
- Content Creation: “Own” and create in collaboration with multiple parties all sales and marketing content, capabilities decks, RFP decks, and proposals. Champion market message/collateral refreshes with our marketing team
- Market Penetration: Direct go-to-market strategies, shaping the evolution of our services, products, and solutions roadmap based on client needs, competition, and market trends.
- Innovation: Spearhead initiatives to explore, pilot, and refine novel concepts, ensuring the continuous enhancement of our offerings.
- Stakeholder Engagement: Build and nurture relationships with key external and internal stakeholders, promoting synergy and alignment.
- Business Development Collaboration: Act as the commercial strategy liaison, enabling our business development team to effectively sell and position OM1's portfolio. Support RFP activity and client strategy meetings, assess client needs and advise on solutions to offer to clients and how to best position them.
- Performance Monitoring: Maintain a close pulse on the performance metrics of our offerings, identifying areas of opportunity and success. Provide leadership, reporting and timely feedback to keep all stakeholders, including senior management, informed of progress.
- Commercial Market Intelligence: Champion commercial market research efforts. Develop the overarching picture – develop the understanding of the market segments and customer segments; in order to define our overall service, product, and solution offerings that fit within the customer paradigm of future and current needs by segment and persona. Collect competitive insights to refine our strategic approach and sales positioning. Inform product of the stickiest and highest impact “use-cases” that will drive the fastest adoption and penetration. Develop VOC analytics specific to commercial needs.
- Solution Design: Collaborate with cross-functional teams to shape the most effective and innovative service, product, and solution designs.
- Marketing Partnership: Guide the marketing team in refreshing market messages and collateral, ensuring alignment with our strategic intent.
- Compliance and Ethics: Oversee commercial activities, ensuring adherence to company policies, industry norms, and the highest ethical standards.
- Leadership & Reporting: Provide consistent leadership, keeping all stakeholders abreast of progress with timely feedback and reports.
What Experience You'll Bring
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, or a related field. An advanced degree is highly preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years in commercial strategy and/or related functions, with a solid track record in the pharmaceutical services and technologies domain.
- Proficiency in AI, Advanced Analytics, Machine Learning, Big Data, coupled with experience in services, software products, SAAS, and data products (DaaS).
- Minimum of 5-10 years of direct and/or adjacent knowledge. Demonstrated understanding of how Real-World Evidence (RWE) and Real-World Data (RWD) inform the drug development cycle across segments like R&D, Regulatory, Medical Affairs & HEOR, Market Access, and Brands. A good understanding of integrated evidence generation planning
- Proven experience in leading teams with an innate ability to inspire, manage, and motivate.
- Outstanding communication abilities with a knack for forging strong relationships with key stakeholders.
- Robust analytical and problem-solving skills, complemented by a data-informed decision-making approach.
- Exceptional strategic thinking and planning skills, coupled with the ability to conceptualize and execute intricate initiatives.
If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
OM1 is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, race, veteran or disability status. At OM1 ensuring that people feel respected, valued, and included is essential to our success. We are committed to working together to provide a work environment that embraces the principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion.