Director / Sr. Director, Business Development
Sales & Business Development
Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, October 18, 2023
OM1 is on a mission to improve health outcomes by unlocking the power of data. We are a healthcare data and technology company focused on real world clinical data and outcomes, accelerating medical research and personalizing healthcare. Our interdisciplinary team uses expertise in medicine, software, Big Data, machine learning, public health and mathematics to transform records from a diverse set of sources into enriched, research grade data which allows us to generate unique insights in a variety of disease areas.
As a Director, Business Development, you will utilize your network and background in real world evidence generation and prospective real-world study design and planning to create and maintain valuable business relationships OM1’s accounts.
What You'll Do at OM1
- Identify and sell into life sciences companies which would benefit from OM1’s unique capabilities.
- Rapidly iterate with sales leadership, sales enablement team, marketing, and other key stakeholders to accelerate and execute on go-to-market and drive new business opportunities across our target markets.
- Plan and coordinate all product-related sales activities, including prospecting, lead development / follow-up, customer meetings, presentation, proposal and budget development.
- Analyze potential opportunities and develop sales strategies for each customer account, ideally leveraging pre-existing relationships and customer networks.
- Continuously monitor status of leads and opportunities to ensure a pipeline of opportunities is maintained.
- Cultivate meaningful, long-term relationships with key decision-makers and develop deep knowledge of the customer organization.
- Actively network in the industry to establish relationships and to identify potential opportunities.
- Proactively pursue awareness of competitive activities, positioning and pricing, which includes specific reasons for awards and non-awards.
- Ensure appropriate proposal/delivery approach to best address the needs of each proposed opportunity. Monitor client response to proposals to improve future proposals
- Work with the proposal and budget development teams to present the appropriate solution for each project and continuously improve on our proposal and bid defense processes as well as our descriptions of services / delivery.
- Maintain customer presentation templates to ensure they highlight the primary value of OM1’s approach and present the key messages, use cases, and operational plans customers expect.
- Establish brand recognition; communicate with internal Project Managers to assess overall level of customer satisfaction and progress of projects.
- Handle follow-up related to the sale and drive completion of contractual documents.
- Utilize CRM to establish reports and dashboards to analyze business development and sales activities and track progress.
- Maintain high visibility within customer organization.
What Experience You'll Bring
- Proven track record of success selling complex pharmaceutical R&D products into and across key stakeholders at pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies.
- Excellent familiarity with the needs of medical affairs, R&D, commercial, safety, and pharmacovigilance teams within life sciences companies.
- Maintain a solid understanding of real-world data and evidence, clinical development, outcomes research, market access and related disciplines, especially with respect to data and analytics.
- Excellent skills using CRM platforms.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strategic business awareness and analytical skills.
- Adaptability and flexibility to changing priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to work creatively and effectively in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Attention to detail and ability to work simultaneously on multiple priorities.
- Ability to maintain demanding timelines.
- 5+ years of experience of direct, consultative sales in life sciences
- Experience at a CRO or equivalent RWE company in selling prospective real-world studies or registries.
- Experience with selling into medical affairs, commercial, safety, pharmacovigilance and R&D functions within life sciences
- Experience with software sales is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Travel to meet with customers, attend conferences, or attend mandatory internal meetings.
If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
OM1 is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, race, veteran or disability status. At OM1 ensuring that people feel respected, valued, and included is essential to our success. We are committed to working together to provide a work environment that embraces the principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion.