Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, August 15, 2023
OM1 is on a mission to improve health outcomes by unlocking the power of data. We are a healthcare data and technology company focused on real world clinical data and outcomes, accelerating medical research and personalizing healthcare. Our interdisciplinary team uses expertise in medicine, software, Big Data, machine learning, public health and mathematics to transform records from a diverse set of sources into enriched, research grade data which allows us to generate unique insights in a variety of disease areas.
As a Senior Epidemiologist, you will lead the conduct of observational research studies in support of pharmaceutical and device development and regulatory approval. The Senior Epidemiologist will lead studies of real world data (RWD) across a range of disease conditions.
The Senior Epidemiologist will design methodologically-sound studies to meet project objectives and regulatory requirements, will collaborate on analytic tasks, and lead writing of protocols, study reports, and peer-reviewed publications, with oversight by senior staff as needed. In this position, you will lead discussions with the client and you will also serve as a lead on internal meetings to define research questions and interpret findings. You will collaborate in the development of data products and work with multidisciplinary teams to evaluate and improve the quality of a variety of data sources.
What You'll Do at OM1
- Serve as project lead on moderate-to-large projects or in support of the project lead on larger client-facing or internal projects.
- Author protocols, reports and other study documents with independent, critical thinking to ensure quality and completeness of output, and oversee timeline for deliverables associated with analysis and reporting with input and oversight of senior staff.
- Apply relevant epidemiological and outcomes research expertise to development of statistical analysis plans and interpretation of analysis output.
- Lead and work on significant and unique issues that require exercising independent judgment and developing/adapting methodology.
- Provide content and direction for business development proposals on smaller projects with input from senior staff.
- Lead the dissemination of research findings by authoring manuscripts and abstracts.
- Support development of condition-specific disease registries, including design of registry data elements and developing condition-specific epidemiologic expertise.
- Ensure the high quality and timeliness of deliverables.
What Experience You'll Bring
- Strong analytical, communication and writing skills.
- Ability to communicate complex epidemiological concepts and research findings to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- High levels of organization and self-motivation, with the ability to determine and meet objectives.
- Ability to provide thought leadership, direct scientific discussions and decisions with clients.
- Master’s degree in public health, epidemiology, outcomes research, health economics or a relevant scientific field, or a PhD in the above fields.
- At least 3 years experience working in a client-facing research delivery role (i.e. CRO, health tech/RWD organization).
- Experience designing and performing high-quality pharmacoepidemiologic research, with experience using electronic health record and administrative claims data required.
- Experience with pharmacoepidemiologic methods for handling real world data (e.g., advanced tools for confounding control, methods for handling missing data, external control arm design) desired.
- Experience collaborating with regulatory agencies during the drug approval / post-marketing process preferred.
- Experience with SAS, SQL, or other statistical software (i.e., R, Python) useful but not required.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Customer Centric
- Practical Thinker
- Builds & Leverages Relationships
- Communicates Effectively
- Drives Results
- Personal Accountability
- Respect for Others
- Builds Diverse Talent (for People Leaders)
If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
OM1 is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, race, veteran or disability status. At OM1 ensuring that people feel respected, valued, and included is essential to our success. We are committed to working together to provide a work environment that embraces the principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion.