Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, August 15, 2023
OM1 is on a mission to improve health outcomes by unlocking the power of data. We are a healthcare data and technology company focused on real world clinical data and outcomes, accelerating medical research and personalizing healthcare. Our interdisciplinary team uses expertise in medicine, software, Big Data, machine learning, public health and mathematics to transform records from a diverse set of sources into enriched, research grade data which allows us to generate unique insights in a variety of disease areas.
OM1 is on a mission to improve health outcomes by unlocking the power of data. We are a healthcare data and technology company focused on real world clinical data and outcomes, accelerating medical research and personalizing healthcare. Our quality-focused team culture and supportive management ensure growth, learning opportunities and achievement for every employee.
As the Principal Epidemiologist, you will provide leadership on Real-World Evidence projects as both an individual scientific contributor and will provide senior scientific oversight to assigned research projects, serving as a point of escalation and with responsibility for project success. You will lead studies across a range of therapeutic areas, and with facility designing, interpreting and trouble shooting based on advanced epidemiologic techniques and with expertise in real-world data sources, including EHR and claims. In this position, you will lead scientific discussions with clients and you will also serve as a lead on internal meetings to define research questions and interpret findings.
What You'll Do at OM1
- Serve as a scientific lead on real world data (RWD)-based research projects, offering senior scientific leadership regarding study design, analytic approaches, interpretation of results, and dissemination of findings.
- Apply appropriate study designs and research methodologies to extract meaningful insights from real-world data sources to meet client goals.
- Collaborate with data analysts and biostatisticians to analyze large and complex real-world datasets.
- Serve as primary oversight and point of escalation of research protocols, analysis plans, and study reports led by other Research team members, including provision of functional/technical guidance and support for researchers in assigned studies.
- Lead customer meetings to communicate study progress and results.
- Serve as primary escalation contact for customer relationships for assigned projects.
- Provide mentorship to researchers in the Research department and facilitate consistent approaches across team members.
- Lead process innovation to improve the quality and efficiency of research data analytics projects and other RWD evidence generation programs.
- Lead the development of abstracts and manuscripts to highlight the strengths of the OM1 data.
What Experience You'll Bring
- Exceptional knowledge and experience in real-world data epidemiology, including facility with claims data, electronic health record data and other RWD types.
- The ability to communicate complex epidemiological concepts and research findings to both technical and non-technical audiences through reports, presentations, and publications.
- Knowledge of healthcare data elements and common data structures.
- Outstanding thinking, questioning, and listening skills; attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, and work with diverse teams.
- PhD or MD with training and 10+ years’ experience in public health, epidemiology, outcomes research or closely related field, or master's degree with at least 12 years relevant experience.
- At least 3 years experience working in a client-facing research delivery role (i.e. CRO, health tech/ RWD organization) preferred.
- Demonstrates mastery across a wide range of methodological areas relevant to RWD.
- Experience leading large scale collaborations with clients and internal stakeholders to produce and present high-quality research deliverables.
- Experience designing and performing high-quality pharmacoepidemiologic research, with experience using electronic health record and administrative claims data required.
- Experience with pharmacoepidemiologic methods for handling real world data (e.g., advanced tools for confounding control, methods for handling missing data, external control arm design) desired.
- Experience collaborating with regulatory agencies during the drug approval / post-marketing process preferred.
- Experience with SAS, SQL, or other statistical software (i.e., R, Python) useful but not required.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Customer Centric
- Practical Thinker
- Builds & Leverages Relationships
- Communicates Effectively
- Drives Results
- Personal Accountability
- Respect for Others
- Builds Diverse Talent (for People Leaders)
If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
OM1 is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, race, veteran or disability status. At OM1 ensuring that people feel respected, valued, and included is essential to our success. We are committed to working together to provide a work environment that embraces the principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion.