Senior Biostatistician, Real-World Evidence
Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, August 8, 2023
OM1 is on a mission to improve health outcomes by unlocking the power of data. We are a healthcare data and technology company focused on real world clinical data and outcomes, accelerating medical research and personalizing healthcare. Our interdisciplinary team uses expertise in medicine, software, Big Data, machine learning, public health and mathematics to transform records from a diverse set of sources into enriched, research grade data which allows us to generate unique insights in a variety of disease areas.
As a Sr. Biostatistician, you will have a leading role on a variety of projects, consult and collaborate with industry leaders and subject matter experts from teams representing epidemiology, informatics, clinical, data science and engineering, develop your analytical skills, gain exposure to multiple therapeutic areas and have the opportunity to grow and develop your career within a flexible working environment. You will also contribute to research design and analytical strategies, provide input into protocols, and develop and review statistical analysis plans.
What You'll Do
- Serve as the lead biostatistician on RWD studies and be accountable for deliverables including statistical analysis plans (SAPs), results and their interpretation, and report writing.
- Provide technical solutions that are consistent with objectives to address a wide range of complex biostatistical problems including: evaluating which statistical methods to utilize for data analysis, applying appropriate statistical methods using statistical software, assisting with interpretation of results, and advising how to design studies and answer research questions.
- Write or review programming specifications and analytic plans, lead analyses which require advanced analytic methods and interpret analytic results for teams.
- Work collaboratively with epidemiologists and other clinical scientists in order to identify and meet the statistical support required by the study. Communicate with team members regarding study execution as it relates to timelines, data quality, and interpretation of results.
- Review analysis data sets with respect to quality control.
- Contribute to the long-term growth strategy of the department by participating in process improvement initiatives, and keeping abreast of current statistical methodology development, especially those relevant to real world data (RWD).
What Experience You'll Bring
- Thorough understanding of statistical principles and methodologies for observational data with the ability to practice and implement them. Solid understanding of real world health care data elements and common data structures.
- Experience with SQL to allow you to access and process the rich RWD of the company and SAS programming language to allow you to process and analyze. Familiarity with R or Python is a strong plus.
- Outstanding critical thinking, questioning, and listening skills; superior attention to detail. Ability to prioritize work, operate under tight deadlines, and meet deadlines.
- Excellent writing, reviewing, and presenting skills for statistical information, and ability to effectively communicate scientific information orally and in writing, including: explaining methodology and consequences of decisions in lay terms and translating requests into meaningful and relevant objectives.
- Ability to partner effectively with cross-functional teams.
- PhD (preferred) or master’s degree in Statistics, Biostatistics or equivalent required.
- A minimum of 7 years of experience working with healthcare data from diverse sources, including electronic health record and claims data, and facility with associated approaches to study design, data preparation, analysis and interpretation.
- Prolonged periods of sitting or standing at a desk and working on a computer
If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
OM1 is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, race, veteran or disability status. At OM1 ensuring that people feel respected, valued, and included is essential to our success. We are committed to working together to provide a work environment that embraces the principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion.